Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Hotels 9/13

Search

Amsterdam Hotels 9/13

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 08:57 AM
SteveB

Amsterdam Hotels 9/13

We have never been to Amsterdam, arriving on 9/13 for 3 nights. I realize there are no hotel rooms available in the city.<BR><BR>Any recommendations or suggestions?<BR>Help!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:11 PM
Sjoerd

Keep on trying. There is a huge convention in Amsterdam that weekend, so most places are booked, but you will always find something in the Amsterdam area. Try a smaller town like Haarlem, Utrecht or Leiden if you can't find anything in Amsterdam.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:18 AM
steve

Thanks for the info.<BR>What towns outside of Amsterdam are the most convenient to travel to Amsterdam on a daily basis?<BR><BR>

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Sjoerd

Haarlem (20 minutes) is closest, but Utrecht (30 minutes) and Leiden (35 minutes) are also not far away and have very frequent train connections.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:03 AM
steve

A personal friend suggested that we stay at the Hague. Is that an easy daily commute to Amsertdam? Or, should I stay in Haarlem?<BR><BR>Thanks for all your help!

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Alice

I'm not sure about Haarlem; I researched a little earlier this year, and didn't think there were very many hotels; also it is so close to Amsterdam that they've probably experienced spillover. What about trying some Bed & Breakfasts in Amsterdam? Maybe they don't fill up as fast.<BR>I don't know anything personally about these B&B, but perhaps they would be more avail than the 'known' hotels. Worth a shot.<BR>http://www.barangay.nl/<BR>http://www.thegooses.com/<BR>http://www.the-collector.nl/index.php?l=english - this is a B&B website, and they also list other B&B links, including a couple from the above list.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Love

Check:<BR>www.easyjet.com<BR>Once there go to the bottom of the page and click hotels. I just reserved a room for a friend from 9/10 -9/17 and no problem. The rate with taxes around $125.00 per night right in center of Amsterdam.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:16 AM
steve

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have contacted the B & B's hope we get something. I tried easyjet, but don't want to give credit card info online.<BR><BR>Thanks again

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:38 AM
asdf

Steve:<BR>Is there a reason why you won't give your credit card info oline?<BR>I do it all the time. Just look at the bottom of your screen for a padlock and make sure it's locked.<BR>Also check www.goldentulip.com or<BR>www.raddison.com<BR>Good luck!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:12 PM
Danna

Steve... first you wait too long to get reservations in Amsterdam... its any easy mistake for a first time visitor. But, don't be afraid of making reservations on line, and then confirming with a phone call..Have a grand time!