Reload this Page >

Hotel Princess in Rome

Search

Hotel Princess in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 02:23 PM
Dan Timsit

Hotel Princess in Rome

Has anyone heard about this hotel or stayed there. The rates are quite good and it says that this hotel is near the Vatican but this is quite vague. The hotel website doesn't help much either. Any reviews or info would be appreciated.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 02:56 PM
mandi

Before I wrote I checked to make sure I was thinking of the same hotel.Their website says they are close to the Vatican but that's relative.You know they far out when they supply a shuttle on the hour.I would say ,too far away from the center unless you don't mind depending on the shuttle or taxis.Did you look at their vague map on their website?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Dan Timsit

Yes, I did and this is why I posted on this site. So basically if I understand you correctly, it is not accessible to anything without the shuttle... This would certainly explain the low rate.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:37 PM
mandi

Dan, yes,there's a Holiday St Peters whose name and listing is also deceiving the very same way.I happened to noticethis hotel when we were on the Archeobus tour that goesout on the Appian way and I remarked how far but nice this hotel was.I just feel that by depending on their shuttle and taxis you'll miss out on the fun of leisurely strolling around especially in the evening before and after dinner in the center of Rome.<BR>Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I suppose there are people that like this set up but I'm not one of them !

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Walter

Dan: Their address on Via Andrea Ferrara, 33 didn't even show-up on my large fold-out Rome street map. I put it in a Rome address map and it seems to be located ~3.3km (~2mi) due west of the Isola Tiberina (the island in the Tiber River). I can see why they need a shuttle bus. Regards, Walter <BR>