Amsterdam Hotels 9/13

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 08:42 AM
steve

Amsterdam Hotels 9/13

I am going to Amsterdam on 9/13 for 3 nights. There seems to be no hotels rooms available due to a major convention.

Any suggestions? How about a B & B?
Thanks

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 09:08 AM
3-stars?

www.amsterdamhotspots.nl has good hotel listings in all price ranges. I'm guessing if you looked into the more budget category (i.e., places business people probably wouldn't be staying) you might have better luck.

I found on this site & stayed at Hotel Kap which was not amazing but adequate and good location near Leidseplein. I gave 57 Euro for a single with private shower but shared toilet. but they do have some rooms with 'en suite'. A really nice breakfast was included in a sweet dining room downstairs (best part of the hotel!) and the people who ran it were helpful and friendly.

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Tracy

Hey Steve -

I work in media, and unfortunately you've hit the beginning of IBC:

http://www.ibc.org

The entire city is booked out, a year in advance, for this one. Even contacting the VVV will be useless, I'm afraid.

See some of the other excellent A'dam posts on this board for ideas about where to stay outside A'dam...sorry to be such a bummer, but there's *no* chance - save your time & hit Haarlem or another nearby town.
HTH
: \

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Tracy

Aha. Just had a read of the IBC homepage myself . . .

and

I missed the Amsterdam Hotel Rooms Available section. I say go with one of their agents & claim you're IBC'ing (haven't got your registration back, blah blah blah) and get in on one of those. Go for it!

(And try to get into some of the great free parties!)
: )

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:56 AM
Auston

I scheduled a visit during last year's IBC and found the same hotel troubles. I ended up going through IBC's booking and got a hotel room for a much-inflated price (about 1.5x the published rate)...nice place though (Hotel Lancaster by the zoo). I think the name of the agency was Deansgate Travel in the UK. Very helpful and sent me hotel vouchers which worked just fine. They could have cared less whether I was part of the IBC convention. As long as my credit card went through, that's all that mattered to them.