COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Amsterdam Hotels - any comments on Singel or Acacia?

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:47 AM
lizbeth

I'm interested in staying at a smaller 3-star type hotel in Amsterdam. I've pulled up former posts on hotels but none refer to these particular properties. I'd appreciate any information on the hotels, the neighborhoods they're in, or alternatives. Thank you very much

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:17 PM
chromosome

ttt

Old May 31st, 2002, 03:43 PM
helpful website

www.amsterdamhotspots.nl

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:23 PM
Sue

We found the Singel quite dismal--had to bump our trip up a day and our other hotel was unable to accommodate us, so we stayed there. Ick. The other days we stayed in Volendam at the Hotel Spaander for sentimental reasons.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 03:29 AM
Ronnie

I have only passed the Singel Hotel on my way from the train station to the Hotel Brouwer, which is very nice indeed. It costs 80 Euros per double room per night, breakfast is included, and some rooms, eg the Rembrandt room, have a wonderful view. It's worth noting that it is a very popular hotel, so contact them soon. I know that it's quite a bit cheaper then the Singel Hotel.

Sorry I have no information about the Acacia, but I can recommend these hotels and the neighbourhoods they're in: the Fantasia on Nieuwe Keizersgracht (85 Euros per double), the Prinsenhof on Prinsengracht, the Kap on Den Texstraat, which is quite near to the museum area, and Van Onna on Bloemgracht, which is in the Jordaan area and near to the Anne Frank Huis and Westerkerk.

Good luck with your search.