Favorite Amsterdam Hotel

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Gracie

Favorite Amsterdam Hotel

I need to find a hotel in Amsterdam with a good location. Will be there in the summer and looking to spend between $100 - $150.
I would love go on your suggestions rather than just looking at a picture.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Grasshopper

Gracie, Amsterdam hotels can be kind of pricey. I like the Hotel Fita (www.fita.nl) both for it's friendly accommodations and great location (near the museumplein). But check www.hotel-booker.com for your dates. I've stayed at the Tulip Barbazon (not as nice a location although a lovely luxury property) for $150 through that website.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Alice

We stayed at AMS Hotel Terdam which is about $150 for a double. It is just off Leidseplein, and I don't want to stay anywhere else if I don't have to. Walk to the main museums, walk to nightlife at Leidseplein, tram connections, a block from a KLM shuttle dropoff. Not near Damrak or RLD, which is another plus for me. Book via www.bookings.nl or via www.ams.nl, whichever gives better price. (have used both).
Another nice-looking hotel on same block is called Hotel Prinsen, but I've only seen the lobby inside. Priced around $130-135 for a double.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Alice

Well, I meant I prefer staying in this area, not necessarily the Terdam (which is a nice place, good breakfast, quiet room, very clean).
Our next visit will hopefully be at the Hestia near Vondelpark, b/c we need to lower the budget a bit.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Danna

The Hotel Washington in the Museumplein is rated in the rants and raves and lovely.