COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Day tours from Dublin or Limerick

Old May 21st, 2002, 11:36 AM
Charlene

Day tours from Dublin or Limerick

Can anyone suggest a company who does day tours from these 2 cities. Do you have the web address of Raitours or of Celtours? We are going to Ireland and Scotland. We have found lots of tours in Scotland but are having difficulty with the Ireland part of the trip. We do not want to drive ourselves.
Thanks

Old May 23rd, 2002, 07:36 PM
steve

Charlene - We just got back yesterday from Dublin area, two possibilities taht might help.
1. www.railtoursireland.com
they offer 1-day and overnight railtours to many areas from Dublin. We did Waterford and Kilkinney with them.

2. http://www.arantours.ie/index.html

These people run the "Wild Coach Tours" full and half day tours from Dublin. Did their "Wild Wicklow" tour and it was very good, even in pouring rain.
Have fun

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:41 PM
xxx

I can't recommend a tour company. But I can recommend that you not plan on using Limerock as a base. The town's not very scenic and not worth much more than a quick stop. There are just too many better places in Ireland to enjoy your time.

Old May 29th, 2002, 08:46 PM
mikey

Go to pat prestons site and click on her ireland guide dublin and shannon areas and sightseeing tours she lists all the tour companies with descriptions

www.irelandexpert.com

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 03:43 AM
Charlene

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the sites you suggested and found them most useful. irelandexpert.com is awesome.