Amsterdam - Canal trip

Jun 4th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

Amsterdam - Canal trip

We're planning to be in Amsterdam mid-June with 2 adults and 3 teens. I'd like to take one of those boat tours, day trip only. Can anyone suggest a good one? Prefer calm waters and good scenery. We don't have to follow a bare-bones budget. Thanks.
Jun 4th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Look in your hotel, there was a big rack in ours with all kinds of cards for money off various trips. We just took the one that leaves from near the Museumplatz..It is just about an hour and goes up and down various canals and the harbor
Jun 4th, 2011, 06:29 AM

The canal tours are OK but do get a bit long. I would think teens might find it even more boring after a while. I do suggest you try it though as you will find lots of interesting sights (especially the one past the guy that dances from his window - if you like that sort of thing). I would guess the waters are usually calm so you should have no worries there!
Jun 4th, 2011, 06:38 AM

We found the hop on hop off canal cruise suited us.We got on at the Anne Frank house and off at the Rijksmuseum. We got back on and hopped off at Centraal Station as it was handy for our hotel.
Jun 4th, 2011, 08:03 AM

There are many canal boat trips available. Great for scenic views. But what else in Amsterdam or elsewhere? With teens I would suggest bicycling in the countryside and also taking trains along with trams here and there. You will surely enjoy the picturesque towns.
Enjoy!