Amalfi coast/Naples in November

Old Jun 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Amalfi coast/Naples in November

Hello all

More pondering trip options...

I went to Portugal over Thanksgiving break in 2007 (and come to think of it Rome in 2004...). Since I can really stretch the ol' vacation time by using that week as a vacation week, it's a good time to travel.

How is the Amalfi Coast/Naples in late November? Will it be quiet, is it cool/rainy, etc? I'm sure it's much better to go in May or September, but how much will I "give up" by going in late November?

Thank you...
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 12:08 PM

By late November some of the hotels and restaurants will close for the season. Ferry service is curtailed and some routes may be finished for the season. If the water is rough you may not be able to get to - or back from - Capri - at all.

Weather will be coolish - but probably not bad - depending on where you're from. But days are short and sights often close earlier. To me, a beach resort in non-beach weather has too many detriments - unless you're going to be a temporary recluse.

Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:06 PM
ira

Hi F,

As noted, a lot of hotels and restos will be closed by then.

However, the scenery will still be spectacular.

If you stay in Sorrento, you will be able to visit Naples when the weather is not cooperating.

Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Also, since Sorrento is a regular town with regular people living there it will have something going on at that time and most places will be open. I have been there in November and it was lovely.
Old Jun 20th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies, this is still in consideration for that week but there are many other ideas in the hopper too. It's good to have this information!