Airport Hotel in Venice

Search

Airport Hotel in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Hotel in Venice

We will be getting off of a cruise and will stay one night in Venice before an early morning flight. Stay by the airport or on the grand canal/San Marco square? ideas?
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM

I suggest stay in Venice Mestre on the mainland with easy access to both Venice proper and the airport, or stay near the Piazzale Roma in Venice proper, again for easy airport access via taxi or bus in the morning.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Are you nuts?! Spend the night in a hotel by the airport when you are so close to a city that is absolutly silent at night?. Bite the bullet and stay near the bus station or find an early morning ferry. Venice is MAGICAL at night especially in areas like the Dosoduro where the big tourist crowds never venture. I have been to Venice twice and stayed in the Dsoduro both times.
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Original Poster

I am just starting my research and planning. I have no idea how the city is mapped out. hotel ideas??
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Maybe this could be a good solution:
www.casadelmiele.com
very close to the airport and not so far from Venice.

Vincenzo
Old Feb 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM

tbbeach, what time are you getting off the cruise ship? And what does "early morning flight" mean exactly? (early morning to me is 6am, to my daughter it is 9am!)
That would probably be a better indicator as to whether or not you can enjoy the island with what time you have and still make that morning flight.

If you are getting off the cruise before 3pm, I say it's worth getting a room on the island. We stayed at a fabulous B&B just 5 mts from the vaporetto and 10 mts from Rialto Bridge, in the San Paolo district. Here is the link to Corte 1321 (owned by American mom/daughter):

http://www.corte1321.com/en/sent_request.htm

If you are getting off the boat later in afternoon or evening, then staying by the airport might be better option. You still could take taxi and vaporetto to dinner on the Grand Canal, then return to your Mestre hotel.

Buona Fortuna!