Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Air France pulled usual non-stop from Boston?

Notices

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last month I booked Paris hotel for April, & at that time I checked flights. Air France non-stop-from-Boston itinerary that I used last April was available, so I figured I'd keep tabs on it since no rush to snag tix. Imagine my surprise when I checked back today & found only one option available via AF - and not a very convenient itinerary at that! And, worse yet, after cruising a few other sites, returned to AF only to receive messg stating that "no flights available for these dates." I find it hard to believe that the itinerary that was completely available last month (I checked available seats) has since sold out. I'm thinking instead that the flight was pulled & they're offering this other itinerary instead. Anyone have experience w/AF doing this, and then possibly re-offering the pulled flights at a later date? For what it's worth, the itinerary that was pulled is what I would consider the most basic/popular one; leaving Boston ~6PM, and then on return trip, leaving Paris ~3PM.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:14 AM
ira

Hi C,

Airlines pull flights all the time.

I suggest that you call AF and see if they have plans for reinstituting the flight.

Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Ira. I'm sure you're right, as always, and 10 years ago I wouldn't have hesitated to pick up the phone. Now, however, the computer-driven answering systems are such that I was rather hoping to snag a Fodorite response like, "Oh yes, this happens every fall. Your preferred flight will reappear in mid-December & you'll be all set. No worries..."
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:29 AM

I can still see AF337 BOS-CDG still on Air France's website. Make sure you clic "display by fare" instead of "display by date" at the bottom of the screen. Good luck!
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

W9London: Touche! I was clicking by date. I don't get why it shows up w/rate check only? In any case, you have now managed to return me to the less-desirable itineray - which is certainly preferable to the no-itinerary status. And I also took Ira's advice & spoke with a charming Air France woman who suggested that it is unlikely that my preferred trip will return as an option. So be it.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 08:46 AM

Good thing that you did call, because sometimes I think that the computer connection can get a bit thrown off, and it would have been a shame to have missed a flight due to technical difficulties.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM

Oh dear...this is the April flight we were taking to Paris from Boston too. I use the website www.itasoftware to check flights so I will go on it to see if there are any options...
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 02:28 PM

Before booking with Air France, check www.1800flyeurope.com

If any non-stop flights show up for your dates (always the AA flights in my experience), click on "Show additional flight times". (You can tell the airline by the times or just phone them - their agents are fantastic.)

I found non-stop Boston/Paris flights for next year with Delta (we prefer those departure times) for significantly less than anywhere else.
Old Nov 14th, 2006, 06:20 PM

We were told on our flight home from Europe via AA that there are no AA flights to Paris in April...

Old Nov 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM

I too was not finding that flight. Just yesterday I checked for September. It was not there. I saw this post and thought "oh well". But, itappears to be back as of today ..... for $960 r/t ..... gone are the days of $350 r/t to Paris from Boston!!!