Accomodations in Prague

Search

Accomodations in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomodations in Prague

I'm hoping to go to Prague this spring but the place I had an eye on, Metamorphis, is booked through May.

I'm looking for something in a quiet area (or street) but that I can still be close enough to the sight seeing. Preferably a place that has retained it's historic charm.

Any help greatly appreciated... are there certain areas of the city that I should be looking at?
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Just moving up hoping that the experienced Prague folks check in later today.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:27 AM

Minooka,

it would help us if you'd tell us your budget.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 04:33 AM
ira

Hi

We greatly liked the Pensione Dietzenhofer.

See http://www.dientzenhofer.cz/index_en.html
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:01 AM

This link has a good selection from basic apartments to top hotels.
http://www.rentinprague.com/
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 06:51 AM

I also stayed at the Dientzenhofer last June and would highly recommend it. From eurocheapo.com:

The Dientzenhofer probably shouldn't be listed in euroCHEAPO, as it isn't exactly cheap. However, it struck us as an affordable and first-class pension, so we're going to list it. And that's that.

The eleven-room pension, situated in romantic Mala Strana, dates back to the 16th Century and was the birthplace of one of the greatest baroque architects, Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer in 1681. In fact, one of Dientzenhofer's greatest works, the Church of St. Nicholas, would later be built just a few blocks up the road.

The pension is perfect for travelers who want a little bit more: stained-glass windows, a private garden, views of the park and the river, chandeliers in the rooms, and beautiful furniture, not to mention sparkling bathrooms in all the rooms, direct-dial telephones, and satellite TV. Don't come looking for a party, though you may relax in the pension's romantic dining room, wine cellar, or bar.

The Dientzenhofer offers an intimate, charming, and tranquil escape from the crowds on the other side of the river. You may find it worth the investment.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

Excellent! I'll look into the Pension Dientzenhofer.

As for a budget (if there are other suggestions) I don't really have one but guess I want to stay $150 or less a night. Preferably less but I am willing to pay for quiet/comfort/charm etc. I have a stressful job that means I'm on the road all the time so the first day of vacation is pure decompression that involves lots of napping and eating so comfort is key!
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:13 PM

The Waldstein is good, also. On a quiet street right near Malostranska Namesti. Look on travel.cz for ideas.
Old Mar 10th, 2004, 07:32 PM

Try the Penzion Balbin on Balbinova near the Muzeum Metro and Wenceslas Square. It is on the top floors of an apartment building so quiet and safe (elevator after first short flight of stairs), 5-10 minute walk to just about any place you want to go, very good included buffet breakfast, room has bathroom/shower, nice English-speaking staff.
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 06:27 AM
ira

t
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 07:56 AM

I second the Pension Dientzenhofer! We stayed there last October & loved it! Would recommend it to anyone. In October we paid $125.00 per night & that includes breakfast (assorted meats, cheeses, rolls, pastries, hard boiled eggs, chocolate, fruit, coffee). The staff were very polite and helpful. It is located in a quiet area in beautiful Mala Strana and a 5-minute walk from the Charles Bridge. We walked from there to every place we went.

Definitely worth the money.