Accomadations in Florence

Old Feb 10th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accomadations in Florence

Looking for accomadations for two in early April in Florence. Since this is about day 10 of our month long trip I am looking for something that has a washer and dryer in it.
We will not have a car so close to Center or easy walking distance to shopping and resturantes would be a plus. Don't really care if there is kitchen facilities just want to be able to do some laundry. We will be there for 3-4 days. Please help.
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just look for lodging in your budget range and desired location and then go to a self-service laundromat or full-service lavanderia. The lavanderia will obviously cost more than doing it yourself, but it will allow you to enjoy every minute you're in Florence. Also, most hotels offer laundry service for only slightly more than going to the lavanderia yourself.
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 05:46 PM

What is your budget per night in Euros?

You might just do your laundry at a laundromat. This will make finding a hotel a little easier, although there may be some hotels with a laundry service (but not a washer/dryer for you to use). Some apartments will have a washer/dryer or just a washer.

Sorry, I don't have any specific recomendations for your request.
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

I always forget to put our budget in....looking to spend maybe 100-120 Euro a night, unless of course there is a great deal on something much cheaper. I have no problem with a laundromat it is just that I thought with it in house then I could do a load or so at night or in morning before we head out. I am not a fan of having someone else do my laundry...to picky about how they are washed and dried I guess..too many times things have come back ruined. Will I be able to find laundromats easily in the city center??
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 02:02 AM

Alloro B&B is a well located B&B in the center that should be in your price range.

Hotel Casci is a well regarded budget hotel.

I am often able to book 4 star hotels in Florence for your budget using prepay hotel sites (this includes Expedia and Orbitz). In 2008 we spent a week at Hotel Aethenauem for 132 USD a night with breakfast. It was our 2nd stay at this hotel and we were very pleased. Great hotel with an outdoor garden and helpful staff and a 15 walk from the center. I have booked similar rates over the years at San Gallo Palace (4 excellent stays there).

We generally stay near Piazza della Liberta and there is a lavanderia that offers wash, dry and fold for a reasonable price and does a very nice job. I have never done my own clothes when in Florence so cannot help with that.
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM

Try sleepinginflorence.com if you're interested in an apartment w/washer and dryer. Centrally located places in florence aren't too hard to come by, since the city isn't huge.
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 04:41 AM

Always get clothes done cheaply and easily through my hotel.

Laudromats everywhere cheap to DIY

Central apartments tend to be expensive.

Key to a nice stay will be easy walk to city centre

http://www.otel.com/hotels/machiavel...velli%20palace...

nice moderate cheap I have stayed in close to centre

on the way from the centre.

Another nice hotel more not too bad Pitti Palace

IN the centre a block from the Pointe Vecchio and the bridge

which is in the very centre of things..

Good personal experience there also.

Happy Journey,
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 06:08 AM

We stayed at Hotel Centrale last MArch and they were great. Made reservations for the Accademia and Uffizi for us and they have a really good breakfast. I am sure they can direct you to a laundry to have your clothes washed. We looked at having our laundry done in Romea t our hotel and it was too expensive. however, they directed us to a nearby laundry and we left our clothes there and picked them up later that day clean and folded.
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 06:11 AM

I've stayed at Casci and it's great value (www.hotelcasci.com). I don't think they have laundry facilities but I'm sure they can take care of it for you or refer you to the nearest laundromat. The family that runs the place is delightful.
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for all of your help. I found an apartment in Santo Spirito that has both a washer AND a dryer...I would have been happy with just the washer. Has anyone stayed in the area?? It doesn't appear to be to far from the center and we do not mind walking. Thanks again...now it is on to searching for Venic accomadations...however we have points to use for the Hilton so we may do that. Grazie!!
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 11:33 AM

S. Spirito is a prime location. There is not much better than that.
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM

...but you should check the EXACT address, or post it here so we can find it on the map.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

I don't have the exact address as it wasn't posted on VRBO
The VRBO# is 72538. Wherever it is I have already sent the deposit so it will have to be okay now. Thanks again for all of your help, it is so appreciated.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM

We stayed for a week in Hotel Casci in 2005. They were very nice about doing a load of laundry for us and the price was very reasonable. You might see if they still will do this. The location and service cannot be beat.
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 06:35 AM

I looked at the apartment and it looks wonderful.

It is on Via Santo Spirito, which runs parallel to the river in the Oltrarno. Prime location.

I hope that you will report back here and tell us how it worked out...I would love to rent a place in that area someday!
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Do be aware that the apartment is on the fourth floor (fifth by US terminology) with no elevator. And the ceilings and thus the floors are very high in Italy, so this is a long climb up. If you are in good shape and have no knee problems you may be OK with this.