A Paris Apartment Question

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Paris Apartment Question

We are two moms and two 15-year-old girls traveling to Paris in March. I'm wondering whether anyone here can comment on this apartment or the agency. It appeals b/c of the location and it seems the moms can sleep in the twin beds and the girls in the sofabed. Thanks in advance.

http://www.parisaddress.com/paris-ap...php?ref=DOMA14
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM

Don't know any thing about this agency. Have you checked at www.slowtrav.com? Second floor in Europe is third floor to an American. So you'll have to lug your luggage up 2 flights. I gather the apartment has no view but is quiet. And a washer but no dryer. If these minor quibbles are okay with you, you're right, it's a great location.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 06:46 AM

From the photos (which can be misleading) it appears to be extremely well done for that price range, especially the kitchen. Most apt kitchens are little more than a galley.
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM

dbenya, it's an interesting looking place. A couple of thoughts:

- It sounds like the windows in the kitchen/living room overlook the street, while the window in the bedroom overlooks the courtyard. If that is the case (and it's a layout we've run into several times in Paris), then the bedroom will probably be very quiet at night.

- The street is described in the listing as quiet. I am not familiar with it, but looking at the map, I'll bet there isn't must traffic.

- I have looked at the photos of the living room to see how much sitting space there is. I can see the fold out sofa and what might be an upholstered chair or love seat. If there are four of you, there might be be times when you all want to sit together in the same room. It might be worthwhile asking the owner about the seating.

- I suspect it will look a bit smaller when you're there. Several of those photos have a curvature that suggests they were taken with a wide-angle lens.

- Great location.

Anselm
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:18 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
no personal experience - but it really does look lovely/high quality for that price range. I would be concerned about seating in the living room as well, if the dining chairs weren't upholstered. They look fairly comfortable so my guess is you'd move them around for extra seating.

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 12:20 PM

It looks lovely. If you do stay here, please let us know how you like it!