Paris Apartment Rental

Search

Paris Apartment Rental

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris Apartment Rental

Has anyone ever rented an apartment listed on a web site: pad-a-terre? It looks like they have six or eight listings in various areas of Paris. They indicate they are a Brittish family with holdings in France. I've noticed a similar request from last year but with no real responses.

Thanks for any input.

PS...love this opportunity to gather copius amounts of valuable information from everyone. Again many thanks for your reply.
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM

We stayed in Pad a Terre's PICASSO apartment - the largest one they do - in May and were very unimpressed. it was far too expensive for what it provided - the pictures and rather highly coloured description on their website were completely over the top. The apartment - which was supposed to sleep 6/8 had only a three seater sofa and one small armchair - all very hard and uncomfortable. The only other seating in the apartment was the 6 dining chairs - not what you need to relax on after a day foot slogging round Paris. In the pictures of their rooms on their website they simply moved the same chairs around from room to room for the photographs

The description also said that all rooms overlooked a quiet courtyard. Nor so, the living room/kitchen and two of the bedrooms overlooked a noisy rat-run street, so it was impossible to open the windows without being seriously annoyed by traffic noise. The kitchen was very small with a tiny fridge - and not particularly well equipped. We had to buy a coffee machine, so I suppose you could say that it now has one. Only 3 pillows for each double bed, with the rest (and for some reason also the ironing board) locked away in inaccessible cupboards

The apartment was not particularly clean and the common stair was very grotty indeed and the stair carpet dangerously loose in a couple of places.

We have stayed in much better apartments in Paris than this, so I would not recommend a stay there
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 05:06 PM

You will find many fodorites have had great experiences with Vacation in Paris www.vacationinparis.com who have many apartments to choose from. Good Luck
Old Jul 18th, 2008, 05:35 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Mariebut: I seriously doubt CatLuvR is still looking. After all, her post is from <b>two years</b> ago (and it was her one and only visit to Fodorville)

Have no idea how Clarinda registered and immediately found such an old thread??
Old Jul 19th, 2008, 12:34 PM

You should also try this group, I love their apartments and they are run by a very honest guy..

www.parisbestlodge.com