Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Apartment Rental in 6me (Paris) for 6 people: Recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2005, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my itinerary clients is planning another trip to Paris next summer with her two (grown) children and another couple. They'd like a nice apartment that sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms, I think), and if there's one with two bathrooms that would be great, too.
They love the 6me, so that's where they're looking.

Has anyone rented and had a good experience with an apartment in Paris that fits those criteria?
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 11:25 AM

Hi St Cirq,
While we did not rent this exact apt, we have used this company to our great satisfaction.
They are one of the few that I know of in my own research that are genuinely Upscale..but this is in the 7th...Thought it might be worth the look anyway~

http://parisperfect.com/bergerac/tex...nt-rental.html
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 12:21 PM

we recently stayed n Bergerac and it probably won't work for your clients (although I'd go back there). There are three bedrooms and two bathrooms. BUT one of the bedrooms is a single. The other two bedroom have queen/double beds, but you'd be short one bed. The sofa in the livingroom pulls out, but it might be a bit akward with one sleeping in the livingroom, no?
If they'd be ok with one in the livingroom, then it's a good choice. There is a shower and sink room between the double bedrooms. The single bedroom has the other bathroom. And there is a half bath in the entry way.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, you two. I know ParisPerfect apartments (and Madelyn), and I LOVE her places, but for now anyway, my clients/friends are thinking they really want to stay in the St-Germain area. I did send them the ParisPerfect link, though, and glowing tales of Madelyn, so maybe once they see the apartments they'll decide the 7th arrondissement is just fine. I do think all Madelyn's apts. are in the 7th, but maybe I should check the website again.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 12:30 PM

We just rented a huge apartment in Paris. 2 bedrooms, 2 baths (with jacuzzi tubs) a den with a pullout bed, a dining room, living room and nice kitchen. It is not in the 6th but just on the border-- Blvd Montparnasse close to the Luxembourg gardens. We usually stay in the 6th but found we really liked this neighborhood as well. We rent apartments with www.francehomestyle.com
and have found them to be very helpful.