A Hotel Near Malpensa Airport in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have an early flight out and need to stay near teh Malpensa airport that is outside of Milan.

We'd like to get a room with three beds, which often is not available in the tiny hotels.

Also, it seems hard to search for hotels on line as there is not a large town near Malpensa Airport.

Does anyone have recommendations? Thanks.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:49 PM

if you do a search there are many threads here.
here is one of them.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=2

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:50 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Villa Malpensa is adjacent to the hotel and has an excellent restaurant.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:21 PM

The 3 most popular hotels near Malpensa with our early AM departure guests are

First Hotel: http://www.firsthotel.it/

Crowne Plaza: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/...questid=996949

Hotel Cervo: http://www.hotelcervo.it

All 3 offer shuttle bus service to the airport and I am sure 3 beds will not be a problem.

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 09:28 PM

Hi ewlabs, you might also check with the Hotel Astoria in the small town of Gallarate which is just minutes from Malpensa Airport.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 10:18 AM

On October 14 we stayed at the First Hotel. It was wonderful! They shuttled us to and from the airport. We called the hotel and a shuttle was there within 10 minutes. There is a great restaurant just across the street from the hotel. The hotel was a delightful surprise.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 10:39 AM

Last April, we stayed at the Cardano Hotel (www.cardanohotel.com). It was very nice and had excellent shuttle service.

florabama, what a great name! I think I must know where you live!

Byrd

Old Oct 31st, 2006, 11:42 AM

I love the Villa Malpensa which is less than a mile from the airport. It is a lovely converted villa. I don't know the website but I'm sure it is easily found. You'll love it.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM

I also recommend Hotel Cardona--shuttle service is complimentary. It has been recently redone. Has good new beds,very decent bathrooms, and nice breakfast. We had a reservation at Hotel Cervo but when we got there (10;30 pm) we found that they had lost our reservation and had not a single room left--this was after paying for their shuttle service from Malpensa. I should also mention that our room at HC was very quiet if you are concerned about noise from the airport.
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 12:04 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Just a suggestion...

We had the same situation last month, and I was also frantically looking online for a hotel near Malpensa. Our solution was slightly different -- nominaally more expensive, but worth every penny. What we did is: rather than stay in a hotel near the airport, we decided to stay an extra night at our hotel in Lenno (Lake Como). We hired the hotel manager to drive us the 45-minute drive to Malpensa early on morning of our flight (this hotel does the drive for its clients on a regular basis). This way, we didn't have to "waste" our last night in Italy being in some funky town near the airport. And in the long run, we actually didn't have to get up much earlier than had we stayed closer to the airport. For us, it was worth it, just being able to stroll along the lake the night before we had to say goodbye to our beloved Italy.

BTW, the hotel charged us significantly less for the shuttle service than the companies-for-hire that offer the same service. Something like 115 Euros, I think. When you factor in the cost of the hotel in Lenno (less than a hotel near the airport and so much nicer!), it really works out well.