Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

5 star hotels in rome that are NOT "stuffy"?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 02:29 PM
dave

My girlfriend and I will be in Rome after the new year and would like to stay in a 5* luxurious hotel that does NOT feel stuffy. We are both in our mid twenties so we like a laid back attitude.

Old Oct 12th, 2002, 02:56 PM
joDY

De La Russie...enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 02:58 AM
trish

I have heard that the inn in the spanish steps is not stuffy. I personally have not been there but my friends who have loved it.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 07:03 AM
kelda

I would love to hear about the de russie hotel too.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Lisa

The De la Russie would be my first choice. It is stylish, charming yet contemporary. The location can't be beat. The Inn at the Spanish Steps mentioned above is lovely but not at all in the same category, not a 5 star. It feels more like an Inn with personal service. The De la Russie has a great bar, fantastic restaurant, health club w/ small indoor pool, etc. Another very nice hotel is the De la Ville Intercontinental, only a 4 star but with a 5 star feel, bar, restaurant. It has just been renovated and if you get a Jr. Suite w/balcony, you can't go wrong.

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 07:09 AM
ryan

Dave,<BR>While definately a business hotel, the St. Regis Grand is really nice. The rooms are beautiful, as are the common areas. However, it is very, very pricey. A bowl of vegetable soup from room service, for example, was 28 Euros!<BR><BR>

Old Oct 14th, 2002, 10:36 AM
john

I also recommedn the De La Russie. I think it is a great hotel and the location is perfect.