4 star hotel in paris with connecting rooms

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a four star hotel in paris with connecting rooms. I would like to be in the madeleine/champs elysee area. I would like to keep it under $250 per room per night. I am finding alot of 3 star hotels, but nothing just one step other. All suggestions appreciated
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 05:14 AM

I'm curious as to what exactly you are looking for in a hotel. The idea of "stars" is very vague. Are you saying that you want a luxury hotel? Do you want a swimming pool? Is there something specifically you are looking for in terms of services or facilities in addition to connecting rooms? Or are you just looking for a higher quality hotel? The reason I ask is that the stars don't necessarily denote comfort or quality, just that a hotel has particular services or facilities. That's all stars mean.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 05:23 AM

Hi ellene, typically Paris four star rated hotels will cost more than $250/night. If it's possible for you to increase your budget then it becomes possible to find the type of hotel and hotel room that you're seeking.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 06:06 AM

You can do some research on these sites by selecting your desired location and checking prices. Lots of photos and the last two also have some comments/feedback.

http://www.parisby.com/accommod/4star_hotel_paris.htm

http://www.cybevasion.com/hotels/fra...etoiles_4.html

http://en.venere.com/hotels_paris/4_...tel_paris.html
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 06:25 AM

I have stayed in a 4-star hotel (Hotel Raphael) in Paris one block from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysee, on the edge of the 16th Arr. Some of the rooms connected - esp. some of the suites. This was two years ago in November, and though we got a great deal on a small suite via luxurylink.com - it was still WELL over $250 a night. I think you're going to have to increase your budget, decrease your "star requirement" or go farther out (or some combo of the three).
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:30 AM

I agree that you won't find a 4-star in the city center for $250 or under ( you mean two doubles connecting, I'm assuming).
I believe that the Aubusson in the 6th has connecting rooms, but a double there is about $350 + or -.
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:31 AM

$250 a night won;t get you a 4* hotel in Paris. That would be more in the range of $400.

What is there about the 4* that you aren't finding in the 3* places - specific amenities? (The star rating is not based on charm or clenliness or location - but on specific amenities - which may be 24 hour room service or a certain type of armchair etc.)

If so - I would check the major travel sites where you can search by amenities and try to find a 3* that fits your needs. Then look at other resources to get it less expensively.

If it's true luxury you want - a 4* won;t do it anyway - you would need a 5*.

I have stayed in MANY hotels in Paris and some 4* are no more luxurious or attractive than some of the nicer 3* hotels. (And there are some 3* that are dumps and 4* with poor standards.)
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. Ideally I would like a hotel with a gym, but I dont think that is realistic. The following hotels have come back to me, any thoughts would be helpful
Mansart, elysee regencia, elysee bassano. I would like to be in the concorde/madeline area. Although some of the chain hotels with better amenities are running specials, they tend to be not near this area.
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 05:52 AM

There is a regular poster here that loves Hotel Mansart.. if you enter "Mansart" into the search box, you'll probably uncover some comments.