3 nights in Prague

Search

3 nights in Prague

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 nights in Prague

Will be in Prague for 3 nights at end of April. Please help with best way to use my time - need help with MUST SEEs!
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 10:38 AM

It would be easier for people to give you suggestions for what to see if you would tell us a bit more about what interests you so we know how best to use our time. The castle and related sights are a full day; there are many churches; a music or opera performance is a nice evening activity; and there are many many bars for drinking excellent beer. And if you like to shop, you'll have a fine time.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM

Find a guide, from this web site or your hotel, and take a walking tour. If on tight budget, then do it on your own, but the historical info from a guide is great. The architecture is divine.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM

We just loved walking across the Charles Bridge -- both sides offer wonderful things to see and along the bridge people are selling goods. I also just loved the historic center and the square in the Old Town. We went to a concert at the church right there on the edge of the square. Beautiful! Since you don't have a lot of time, that's where I'd concentrate my visit -- the Old Town, Charles Bridge and the area just across it.
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 02:16 PM

I agree with Barb. Unlike Florence with so many museums that are must sees...I didn't feel that way in Prague and just enjoyed walking and exploring. Choose your church concerts carefully...we attended an hour long concert that consisted of sitting in a beautiful cathedral facing the front only to have all the music coming from a huge organ behind us with intermittant choral accompaniment and they also were located behind us in the back of the church. I wouldn't recommend a concert such as that. The Jewish cemetery is incredible to see so be sure and include it in your explorations. Praque is awesome and you will treasure it's memories.
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 05:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I wasn't all that impressed with the Castle area. Just wandering around this beautiful city was great.

I visited the bridge at sunrise, mid-day and sunset. Just a fun place to walk around.