2 Weeks in Stockholm No Car need help

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:33 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 Weeks in Stockholm No Car need help

I travel with my Dad, Art who doesnt want to get a car. I was thinking of going to Visbythe Vasa Museum, Skansen Folk Park, the Nordic Museum, a walking tour of Gamla Stan. Maybe a side trip to Visby But for how long? I was also thinking of Helsinki and Tallinn. is it worth getting a Visa for St Petersburg? Last year 2 weks in Denmark was bordering on too much but we did day trips!

I have also taken hints from:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...id=2&tid=47898

Old May 19th, 2004, 02:45 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wasa museum, Skansen and Nordic museum are all good. I suspect that you will do more than one walking tour in Gamla Stan, people usually do. Take a walk also in Södermalm (east ??? of Gamla Stan). Visby ? yes. You might also spend some leasurely time in the surrounding countryside. Rent a bike if you don't want a car for that. Uppsala (a little north of Stockholm) ? yes. A little cruise in the archipelago outside Stockholm ? yes. And if you decide to take a trip to Helsinki ? also yes. And if you decide to visit Tallinn do it through Helsinki. While it takes ages from Stockholm, it is only 1,5 hours from Helsinki. And yes, Tallinn is also yes. And of course there are tons of sights in St.P, but remember that you don't get a visa from the border. It usually takes a week.
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I guess I should mention that I will be on a home exchange so I have 2 free weeks rent.
Old May 30th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any help I am leaving soon!
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would add the Millesgarten to your list of things to do in Stockholm (it's in the outskirts of Stockholm, up a pretty hill). Take a bus to get there.

I can't answer about St. Petersburg or Tallinn, but we did take the night cruise to Helsinki, spent the day there, then returned to Stockholm. That was one of the highlights of our trip. Helsinki is a beautiful city.
Old May 30th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks surfergirl you always give good advice I have looked at your other posts.
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the advice I am here now. I am now trying to figure which ferry is the best to take to Talinn. Elina The ferry from Stockholnm to Tallinn is from 5:00 pm and arrives in Tallinn at 10:00 the next day. I have been trying to get info on viking but have not been as succesful. I would think hotels in Tallinn would be less expensive for 3 nights.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 08:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will be in Stockholm for 6 nights in July and plan to go to Visby. The ferry ride is about 3-4 hours, too much for 1 day but just right for an overnight. I hope to take the early ferry, arrive around noon, spend the rest of the day and the next and take the later ferry back, arriving in the late afternoon (or early evening).