Reload this Page >

2-star hotels in London

Search

2-star hotels in London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Kaneohe

2-star hotels in London

Looking for recommendations on some good two-star hotels in London. Here are my criteria:<BR>-clean<BR>-safe area where I can walk at night and feel reasonably safe<BR>-single room<BR>-TV in room<BR>-clean shared bathroom facilities (or ensuite)<BR>-elevator not important<BR>-friendly staff<BR>-close to Tube station<BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:14 PM
nick

Balmoral House Hotel, 156 and 157 Sussex Gardens..all the things you listed, comfortable beds, full good breakfast included www.balmoralhousehotel.co.uk

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 06:57 PM
Julie

http://www.chicagotribune.com/travel/chi-0209140061sep15.story<BR><BR>This is a great article from September that reviews 20 hotels close to the centre of london. All are close to tube stops, include breakfast and are under 100pounds and many double rooms going for about 60-70pounds.<BR><BR>Another good place to look is http://www.londontown.com/<BR>you can often get two star prices on higher quality hotels.<BR><BR>Last time I was in London and stayed at Georgian House Hotel in Victoria. It was clean, included full breakfast, on a quiet residential street and cost 65pounds a night for a double. Had TV, private bath, and was a five minute walk to Victoria Station.<BR>http://www.georgianhousehotel.co.uk<BR><BR>Good luck!<BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Ben Haines

<BR>I have on disc a compilation of notes by Fodors readers on two star hotels near Victoria, plus a few others. It is too long for the forum, but if you e-mail me I shall be glad to copy it to you.<BR><BR>Welcome to London<BR><BR>Ben Haines<BR>

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Tom

www.eurocheapo.com

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Maira

Victoria Inn off Belgrave Road. I have posted repeteadly on this hotel, let me know if you have any questions. HAve a great trip!

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 10:50 AM
tom

The Montana Hotel - South Kensington 2 minutes from Gloucester Rd. tube Safe elegant area -laundromat post office and internet cafe w/i 5 minute walk . Kensington palace V&amp;A, Natural History and Science museums 10 minute walk.<BR>Clean single rooms with what you want for 35 pounds - 3 rooms share immaculate large bath . Continental breakfast stay 7 nights for price of six. Stayed there in May with my son - very satisfied - no surprises <BR>Go to www.hotel-assist.com

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Kaneohe

Tom, The Montana sounds interesting. Can you explain what you mean by 3 rooms sharing a bathroom? Do only these three rooms have the key to a particular bathroom? are the 3 rooms connected? Thanks.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 11:30 AM
tom

Kanehoe Each single room is separate . bath is 15 feet down the hall. Just walk in when free and lock the door. Most rooms are double ensuite - only a few singles which are the only ones sharing bath. Never met a person in the hall in any trip to the bath. Also, rooms have sinks - so that helps too. Hard to explain but the configuration in these small hotels is such that each 6 or so rooms are compartmentalized from the others giving a greater sense of privacy.