2 and half days in Swiss

Feb 20th, 2011, 01:54 AM
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
2 and half days in Swiss

We (4 of us) plan to be in Switzerland in first week of April and have 2 and a half days in Switzerland. We have the option to arrive at either Zurich or Luzern at 8 in the morning and we leave mid afternoon after a couple of days. Need any pointers as to what would be the best places to go. Tentative plan is to go to Mt. Titlis on the first day and on to Interlaken for the night. Second day would be to Jungfrau and on to Zurich late in the night.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Dilpreet_Singh is offline  
Mar 2nd, 2011, 05:15 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 41
From what i can tell, your most actual plan looks pretty good... you will be driving train a lot tho, which is not entirely bad, since ther are views to die for on the way...

nothing realy to add to that, as long as its that general...
travelzomg is offline  
Mar 2nd, 2011, 08:09 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,093
Nobody can guarantee you suitable weather for mountain excursions on such a short stay. The sky is rarely as cloudless and clear as in the photos in travel agency leaflets, and if the mountains are in clouds it is not worth going up at all, you'd be stuck in the middle of dense fog with zero visibility.

Pick one base, keep your plans flexible and decide on the spot what to do according to current conditions. Luzern is a good choice as base because there are options for mountain excursions at the city's doorstep (Pilatus, Rigi) and enough to do in the city if the weather is not favourable.
quokka is offline  
Mar 4th, 2011, 03:37 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 41
fog aint such a big issue in april anymore.. its quite ok...
and besides that, if you go up the mountains you will, in 95% of the cases, be above the fog...

any more details by now...?
maybe one can give more advice then..
travelzomg is offline  
Mar 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2
Thanks guys. based on more feedback, we have decided to extend our stay by another 2 days given the uncertainty of weather in April. Staying in Luzern for a day followed by 3 days in Lauterbrunnen. Thinking of doing a trip to Mt. Pilatus on Day 1 followed by Jungfrau and Schilthorne peaks next 2 days. Kept a day spare to accommodate the weather. now deciding on whether to take the Swiss 4 day pass or go without any preexisting booking... any help appreciated
Dilpreet_Singh is offline  
Mar 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 57,890
Sorry - if the weather is bad the tops of the mountians are in the CLOUDS - not fog. And fro the top you can;t see a thing.

In June we had to eait 3 days to ascend the Jungfrau - although the weather was fine in Interlaken.

Agree to stay in one spot - Lucerne has most to do - with lake, mountains, city sightseeing - and day trips if the weather is bad.
nytraveler is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Original Poster
Forum
Replies
Last Post
trehan
Europe
11
Mar 9th, 2012 02:58 AM
Jennifer_Scutari
Europe
6
Jul 2nd, 2011 09:05 PM
leelee100
Europe
9
Jan 7th, 2011 12:42 PM
wrenwood
Europe
21
Sep 13th, 2007 10:08 AM
cn
Europe
7
Jun 24th, 2004 03:44 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21 PM.