Sailing on Regal Empress......

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Michael

Sailing on Regal Empress......

Hi all!<BR><BR>I'm sailing on the Regal Empress next Friday out of New York. My main reason for doing this is I love classic liners and this is one of the few left (she's from 1953).<BR><BR>What do you think of Regal Cruises; and the ship?<BR><BR>We've booked the two biggest suites on the ship (AS 1 & AS 2) on the top deck.<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Michael<BR>NYC

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:48 AM
Paul Thearult

Hi Michael,<BR><BR>You will enjoy the Regal. I sailed her twice. It is in excellent shape for a ship built in 1953 and one of the only ones left sailing the U.S.<BR><BR>It is the only old ship that can manuver in and out of ports without the aid of a tug.<BR><BR>The enteratinment is not production as you may well know, but it is quite a but of fun with the entertainers in the middle and the passengers surrounding. More audience participation.<BR><BR>The food and service is very good. Watching Karaoke is fun. They never drop you off in a port without complimenaty transportation to somewhere.<BR><BR>The two suites are beautiful. Simiar to your living room at home.<BR>If you had ever stayed later to watch the clean-up in those two suites you will see the care that is taken making sure everything is perfect.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 07:29 PM
Michael

Thanks, Paul.<BR><BR>I can't wait to go!<BR><BR>MB

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:37 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Michael,<BR><BR>Another positive is that the ship is extremely intimate and the captain makes sure he meets everyone personally. He is always mingling with the passengers on his time off.<BR><BR>Post a short trip review when you return.<BR><BR>FYI .. They have a "renewal of vows" ceremony for only $125 with some greeat amenenities. Much less than other cruise lines.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Michael

Just bumping myself up to the top....<BR><BR>Michael<BR>NYC

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:36 PM
Paul Therault

I'll bump it up to the top again for you Michael. Don't forget the review.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Paul Therault

Oh, I almost forgot Michael. Be sure to get those hot fresh out-of-the-fryer donuts in the morning. Fabulous. Also find out where the pizza serving station is so you can be first in line. Good stuff.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Michael

Hi!<BR><BR>Paul, thanks for the tips! I'm not much for early rising; but I'll check out the pizza!<BR><BR>Less than 18 hrs to go!<BR><BR>MB

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Michael,<BR><BR>My day starts at 11 AM also. They are still making those donuts.<BR><BR>Have a wonderful, safe cruise.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Michael

Hi all!<BR><BR>If any one is interested; I posted a LONG review of my trip on Cruise Critic ( www.cruisecritic.com ) on the Regal board.<BR><BR>I'm too lazy to type another one here!<BR><BR>MB<BR>