CABIN AT THE BACK OF THE SHIP

Jan 28th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

CABIN AT THE BACK OF THE SHIP

Has anyone ever had a cabin at the back of the ship? My travel agent booked us on the Mariner of the Seas in a cabin at the very back, on the end. He says it's serene, highly sought after and the ocean can be seen from both sides of the balcony. Any comments?
Jan 28th, 2004, 12:51 PM

Your agent is speaking the truth. If the back of the ship was a less that desirable place, why would the lines put some of their best suites on the rear of the ship?
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Globeguy,

I've never paid attention where the suites were because I never booked them, but thanks for the verification.
Jan 29th, 2004, 04:10 AM

Hi- just got off a Princess cruise where we were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite at the back. It was a great place to be. Super view as you left ports of call behind, at port and just flying across the ocean. Loved it!
Jan 30th, 2004, 07:27 AM

An aft balcony would be my first choice. They're usually deeper and more functional, and you can see more directions than a side balcony.

You will get a little bit of soot from the funnel, but that's the only downside.

Count yourself lucky!
Feb 1st, 2004, 03:24 PM

Your TA is right, the aft balcony on Mariner is larger then the other balconies.

You have done good!

I love aft balconies - I love the wake and being able to see both sides of the ship.

Search this Thread