pre/post hotel with Celebrity?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions regarding booking our pre/post hotel stays while on med cruise with Celebrity June 07? We want to stay 2 nights in Barcelona and 1 night at end of cruise in Venice. Thanks!
Old Jun 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM

I would stay one full day before the cruise in Barcelona...hire a private tour guide ... but

add the extra days at the end in Venice.

I am leaving in October and I am starting in Venice and ending in Barcelona.

I am leaving 3 days ealier for Venice and staying one full day extra in Barcelona....my Travel Agent...who has been there 4 times says that you want more time in Venice.

I already have a private guide booked for Barcelona ...so off the cruise ship, he will tour us around all over for a full day.

Percy
Old Jun 10th, 2006, 06:20 PM

We sailed Celebrity out of Barcelona last October and through other cruisers we found a great little hotel..Hotel Continental.. at the hotel we found several other cruisers going on another Celebrity ship, back packers, tourists, etc.. it is a quot;boutique" hotel..60 rooms, clean and right on The Ramblas. it included a large continental breakfast in the Common Room and refreshments available all day long.. and best of all free internet..We stayed two nights.. and had hired a taxi driver/guide the second day and it was the best thing we did.. He even picked us up at the airport, took us on a tour the next day and then picked us up to go to the cruise ship..If you are interested please write me at [email protected].. This driver speaks perfect english as he was raised outside of NYC...The cruisers who have used Auriello have written me and have been very pleased as we were.
Old Jun 12th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Suerich68

Has anyone taken a Baltic cruise? I read an article about Viking cruise from St. Petersburg to Moscow that looks awesome, but the ship has no amenities.

Anyone taken one on another cruisline?

Thank you.

Old Jun 12th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Suerich68

Sorry about that, meant to start a new post!