Carnival Magic any updates?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for any NEW information about Carnival Magic. Other than the delivery date is sometime between April and June 2011. Anyone have any more specific details than that?? And my fingers are crossed it's going to be in Europe.
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 09:43 PM

Just booked a trip for May 1,11 (which appears to be its maiden voyage but not positive). This cruise is 9 days out of Venice to Barcelona. It appears though, it will be stationed pretty much out of Barcelona through September on 7, 9 and 12 day trips. After that I am not sure. Both the Dream and Splendor came back to the U.S. after short stays in Europe. Carnival's web site says you can start booking on 1-26-10 but I was able to book today, 1-23-10. They do have some past guest specials. Hope to see you there!
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 03:20 AM

Me and my husband will be on the Carnival Magic for their May 1st cruise Venice to Barcelona. We wont be doing any of the cruise excursions as it is so much cheaper even to book a private tour through a local tour company. And a private tour sure beats a motor coach with 40 - 50 people! Anywho, we were thinking that at the port of Messina we would be taking an excursion to either Tyndaris or do the Godfather Tour. These cost $350 for 4 people. We were wondering if we could find 1 or 2 people to join us and we could split the cost. Both these tours include pick up and drop off at the pier and last 10 hours or so, so it is a very good deal.
Old Jul 3rd, 2010, 06:02 PM

DH and I,DS and DGS are all booked on The Magic for the 12 day cruise starting June 12,2011.I wish we were on the cruise as you as I would definitely sign up for your excursion.I doubt we will be taking any excursions thry Carnival,just to much money. This will be my 8th trip to Europe.
Old Jul 7th, 2010, 07:22 AM

My family and I have been talking about a Europe cruise for fall of 2011. From my research it will either be Carnival Magic or RC Liberty of the Seas. For updates on the Magic. After seeing the website, sometime later it's going to a new port in Texas for Carribean or Mexico cruises.
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Attention letsgo39--My adult daughter and I will be on the Magic June cruise with you. I agree, making own excursion plans are best. I did this same cruise in 2008 out of Rome with my son, dil and gd and still have all my contacts if you are interested. I am already in communications with a couple of them. Prices have increased a bit, but not too much since 2008.
Old Aug 26th, 2010, 03:11 AM

I recently saw this post on the cruises site here in the UK, which provides more information about the unqiue features onboard. http://www.cruises.co.uk/109-cruise_..._features.html It seems Carnival have decided to follow the treand and will now have it's first pub onboard. We havent booked yet as i am hoping the cruise price might get lower closer to the sailing date. Otherwise there is always the Norwegian Epic, which I still havent tried out yet.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 07:45 PM

I just booked the June 12th departure. I have never cruised before and I am really hoping I made the right decision..thought it would be safest to take the carnival excursions but notice many saying how expensive they are. I haven't booked any excursions yet but have no idea what other company to use. I then noticed some people complaining there wasn't enough time to spend in places like Florence and Rome due to it taking too long to get out of the ports. I am going to take everything with a grain of salt because all the information you can find on the internet can be overwhelming. I would however, be happy to hear any suggestions?
Old Sep 16th, 2010, 03:22 PM

I just saw the video preview of the Carnival Magic. Wow. The Atrium is so cool. The spiral staircase really looks magical. Everything in the cruise goes by the name..Magic. If I do ever go on the Magic, I would like the Lido Theater and the Red Frog Pub. I saw the Red Frog Pub is doing a contest for the logo of their brand beer. Check the website for the sneak peak.
Old Oct 30th, 2010, 06:36 AM

We're looking to sign up for the June 12th cruise too and would love to hear more ideas about excursions.
Old Jan 19th, 2011, 02:42 PM

I am booking the carnival magic for June 12th 2011 as well. I did notice the excursions were extremely expensive, especially for 4. If anyone has any suggestions for tours or??? please let me know. This is our first time to Europe and we are very excited. Can anyone enlighten me on any good cheap airfares... they are very expensive.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 10:22 AM

Anybody going on the 22nd? I would def be interested in the possibility of hooking up w/ others for excursions.
Old Jan 22nd, 2011, 02:13 PM

My husband and I are taking the Oct.28-Nov.13 Barcelona to Galveston cruise on the Magic. I know it will be quite a while before we get the flight info. from them. Just wondering if anyone knows if Carnival has a preferred airline they use when booking flights to Barcelona. I enjoy pretrip research so would enjoy researching the airline if possible. Anyone out there also going on this cruise? The video of the Magic is fun to watch and the sample menus sound really good.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Hi Travlintoes
I am booked on the July Magic cruise and am very interested in obtaining your "contacts" for private tours as I too feel the onboard excursions are extremely expensive. I am not sure how to e-mail you or get in touch with you though - HELP????
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Bumping this up as hubby and I booked the Magic last night on whim - they had a GREAT sale going and we had been thinking for a while about doing med cruise for summer vacation with no definite plan. We are doing the 7 day leaving Barcelona on July 3 and heading to Monaco, Rome, Livorna, Naples and Messina.

We will want to do excursions on our own as hubby hartew to be bound to a group. I have not been to any of the stops before even though I have been to Europe 3 times (London, Paris, and Ireland tour) and husband has been to Barcelona and Rome only. We are arriving two days early to see Barcelona a little pre-cruise. Question - ship docks back in Barcelona on last day at 5am. What do you think the getting off process will be like? Can we still get a flight back that day? We plan live in Florida and will be using Delta frequent flyer miles so it will be Barcelona to ATL and because we are booking flights iwth miles will have to do transfers on own as well i assume. Please help! Cruise booked but need to get plane tickets within the next week!
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 05:55 AM

Anyone going on the Carnival Magic 12 nite cruise leaving Barcelona on May 12th that may be interested in joining 4 of us on private shore excursions? It costs less with more people and lots of opportunities. Looking for 1 or 2 more couples.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:56 AM

Judy, four of us on same cruise leaving Barcelona May 12. Wife + I, with 2 adult kids. Excursions are crazy expensive so was going to try to do our own thing but maybe hooking up with others is a way to go.
Old May 4th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Re: the Carnival tours -- I had 'met' some other cruisers on cruisecritic, and originally we were going to book private tours w/ groups of people. However, the private tours ended up also being quite expensive, and so we all opted to use the Carnival tours, since they weren't that much more expensive, and there are good ones, and it eliminates the hassle of worrying that the tour operator isn't reputable, and what happens if your bus breaks down or something and you don't make it back to the ship on time .......
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Last news I have heard, the Magic will home port in Galvaston doing the Caribeban loop after the initial launch loop in Europe.
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:30 AM

We did use cruise critic board to hook up with other couples and for excursions outside Carnival. I knew the tour company www.romeinalimo.com was very reputable and they do tours all over italy. Like the idea of using htem better than carnival because smaller groups. Carnival excursions are usually groups of 30 or more people. for about the same prioce we booked an excursion with 6 people total thru Rome in a lomo by hooking up on cruise critic boards. we are doing a guided Limo tour while in the Livorno port that will take us all over Chinati and Tuscany doing driving tour of the area nd stopping at many local wineries. Loved this idea with small group much better than Carnival excursion. Also we were able to hook up with 2 other couples on cruise critic board about same age as hubbyand me with same interests for the excursion which makes it nice. We are doing a similar small group of 6 tour thru Rome in a Limo at Naples where we will have 6 people in a limo that will take us to Mt. Vesuvius, Pompeii and then dirving tour of Amalfi Coast. Same prioce as the large group tour thru Carnival but much nicer and more intimate. Would reccomend both Rome in a Limo as tour company as well as checking oout cruise critic board to meet up with others to share excursions. Also not that we don't like small children on elderly folks but sometimes you just prefer not having them in your tour group as they slow the whole group down. If you are able to hook up with people of similar interest extra to share your excursion all the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -