Search

Norwegian Sun

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian Sun

Hi all,
We travelling on the 8th of August for our honeymoon on the 7 day Alaskan cruise. 1st time cruiser here and wondering if anyone has sailed NCL before but more specifically the Norwegian Sun. Could you tell me some of the highlights of the ship and some things we should not miss doing while on board.

Old Jul 24th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

This is wierd, no one has sailed the Norwegian Sun???????????
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 11:03 AM

Oh boy! Your Question is daunting! I've not sailed Norwegian Sun, but lots of other ships. How to answer "What not to miss?"

It depends on you. Do you love/hate dancing, gambling, eating, gym, sleeping in, room service, spa treatments, tours, scenery?
Old Jul 24th, 2004, 08:07 PM

Congrats on your wedding!!!! Can't help you on the Sun, we're sailing NCL's Dream on the 12 day Baltics/Scandanavia route on the 5th of August.

You are soon to be addicted to cruising, trust me on this!

Have a wonderful time, I'm sure you'll love your ship and Alaska almost as much as your new wife!

Again, congratulations on your nuptuals!

Old Jul 24th, 2004, 08:11 PM

Forgot to mention, check out cruisecritic.com. More info than you'll know what to do with and they break it down into many different categories, including cruiseline and specific ship.

Good luck!
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 06:14 AM
esd

We were on the Sky last year to Alaska. Previously we sailed on their Sea to the Caribbean.
I agree that you will be hooked on cruising and that you will have a great trip.
If the Sun has the same 3 specialty restaurants as were on the Sky, I would not miss Le Bistro. The food was wonderful. We also tried Horizons but were not impressed. Otherwise, we thought the food in their dining room was pretty good..except for the night that featured Italian dishes. We each had different entrees and - in a word - it was yuk. My husband is from Italy and has this thing about cleaning his plate but he didn't that night! That would be a very good night to hit Le Bistro's!!

DON'T MISS the Pasta w/white clam sauce on another night. I had it on both ships and it was sooo good both times! And their bread pudding is on their lunch menu once and on their dinner menu one night. Both were the best I've had..and I like and make bread pudding. Hopefully it will be the same.
We like to eat in the dining room for any meal when possible. The breakfast buffet is so-so. That's usually where we eat breakfast on a cruise but the waffles and omelets on the Sky were not good. If I have to have the other fare, I'd rather do it in the dining room.

Last but not least, if you enjoy your coffee as much as we do, it's very good on board. It was almost always undrinkable on RCCL just before this cruise.

One more thing. If Jane L Powell (if you saw the movie The Bachelor she's the singer when the main characters are in a club) or Shawn Farquhar (billed as two-time world champion magician) are on the Sun, don't miss either. The shows by these two were out-standing!! The entertainment on the Sky was as good as it gets and I hope these folks stayed on the Alaskan circuit.

Good luck to you both!! Be happy!