Millenium in the Med - dining options

Aug 31st, 2003, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

Millenium in the Med - dining options

Could anyone tell me what dining seating is best for a Med. cruise on millenium?
On our Alaskan cruise we opted for early seating and were disappointed we were always in dinner during departures.

now we are set for late in the Med but i heard it would be too late to enjoy any shows after long days in port and late dinner - with early docking the next day?
Opinions?
Aug 31st, 2003, 08:03 PM

Big Daddy=Personally I never take early seating...I am more interested in the sights on land and want to spend as much time OFF the boat in the MED as possible....

You can enjoy more of the excursions if you do late seating and not have to rush back to the ship in order to eat dinner early- ie.6:15pm==

Also when you are in port, there isn't a ton to do on the ship anyway- they usually have nightly entertainment off the ship==unless of course you are sailing off that evening..If that is the case, the ship always has 2 shows so that BOTH early and late seating get a chance to see the shows..ie. sometimes they have the shows BEFORE dinner for late seating....and sometimes the shows are AFTER dinner....
Sep 1st, 2003, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Andy,
If I have the late seating does this mean I also have late breakfast forcing us to leave the ship later each morning?
Sep 1st, 2003, 07:06 AM

Big Daddy-=

Yes- if you have LATE seating, it also gives you LATE Breakfast- but it is really not late.... I think 2nd seating for breakfast is actually 830am..but I am not 100% sure..It is PLENTY of time to make ANY of the ships excursions....

Also if you ARE early risers, there is also a buffet breakfast up on the pool deck EARLY that is open to everyone...I think that starts at 730am...but am not 100% sure either...I have all to do to get up for 2nd seating breakfast as I love to sleep in the am..(LOL)

But have no fear-You will not starve and will be able to have ALL meals and still do the excursions...

When we did the Med, we even had 2 hr drives into Florence and this was thru the cruise lines..so we had no problem meeting any of those excursion...and when we just walked into the various towns, again we got off the ship way way early enough to see everything....
Sep 1st, 2003, 05:57 PM

Breakfast is normally open seating. You can go any time.

We always cruise and take late dinner seating -- the shows are always after the dinner, and on some occasions, depending upon ship schedule, they will have the show before the second seating, so you won't miss anything.

We cruised on Millennium in the Med and had a great time.
Sep 2nd, 2003, 09:43 AM
DMG

I agree with Budman. If the second seating show is too late for you, miss it. If you really want a good show, go to Las Vegas or Broadway. It's more important that you have more time in the wonderful, interesting ports on this kind of cruise. Take the second seating - you can always get an early breakfast when you need to.