Is a suite worth it?

Search

Is a suite worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is a suite worth it?

We are scheduled to sail on the Golden Princess and have booked a suite (not the mini one, the "real" thing). Have experienced a suite on this ship? Was it worth it? Were there any special services or pampering you received as a result of being in the suite?
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 12:47 PM

We were on a suite on Grand (sister ship) in September. It was fabulous and yes it is worth it. The ones in back (we had) have a very large balcony and the wake behind us was very soothing. Definitely worth it. Lot's of perks too. Bathrobes, slippers, marble bath and separate shower, flowers, wine, fruit, lots of shower stuff, etc. etc.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 01:16 PM

Hmm, if you have already booked a suite, then I guess that you have made up your mind and are simply looking for validation/justification.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 11:54 AM

We are not wealthy but we splurged & had a suite for our 25th Anniversary. Afterwards we decided it wasn't worth it since we traveled alone. I mean if you had other friends our suite was big enough to have a party inside! Another downside was that it was on an upper deck and at night WOW! the rocking as the ship moved at top speed. We used to watch the drapes on the sliding glass doors moving about a foot and 1/2 back and forth!!!

We did not get any really special comps except a fruit basket and figured everything else was exactly the same as what people who paid less than 1/2 of what we did.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 03:31 PM

We had a suite on the Grand (sister to Golden) - here are some pictures:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum3.html

My friend had one on our next trip:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum14.html

--------

Perks - room stewards are normally very "accessible". We had an excellent one for our suite and so did my friends.

You get a special plate of hourdovers (sp?) delivered every day between 2-3 (chocolate covered straberries, proscitto, etc. .), priority tender tickets, you can have a specific reservation every day in the anytime dining rooms, flower arrangement delivered, slippers, a one time stocked bar, etc.. ..

These are the items I remember.

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 08:44 PM

In your opinion, is it better to get a suite on a lower deck for "less" rocking? We currently have a forward facing suite on deck 9 (very high up)?? Thanks!