Radison Navigator Non-balcony suites

Old Jan 30th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radison Navigator Non-balcony suites

Has anybody sailed on this ship in one of the suites without balconies? I am told only 10% of the cabins on this all-suite ship are without balconies. Because it will save my husband and me $1400 on our cruise to Bermuda, I am considering booking one of these suites. However, I am concerned about location(obviously on lower deck) as well as wondering if I will regret trying to be frugal for other reasons. Any input from somebody familiar with this ship will be appreciated. I have been told that you can't go wrong with any of the cabins on the Navigator, but I want to be sure.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 03:32 PM

We are going on the Navigator on March 30 and are staying in the least expensive non-balcony suite. Send me an email after that time and I will let you know - if that is not too late. I am hoping that it is OK too!
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 07:34 AM

I forgot my email [email protected]
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 05:32 PM

My husband and I cruised on the Navigator in a Cat. H room( the lowest cabin). Definitively go for that. I don't think the balcony would ever be worth $1,400!!!!!!and the room itself is identical in size and amenities. In addition, the location of "H" category rooms is very good. You're on the same floor of the main restaurant and also, you have a self-laundry room on that floor. It's a great ship!
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 12:26 PM

This is probably too late but we just got back from the Caribbean on the Navigator. We paid an additional $500 to get a balcony and I thought it was worth every penny. We paid for the lowest balcony and our cabin was assigned when we got onboard. Since we did that, we were upgraded from deck 6 to deck 9. Maybe you can check that option out.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Original Poster

Tango, Thanks for taking the time to respond again after your cruise. Actually, my husband and I had decided to bite the bullet and get the balcony suite, and we were able to get the travel agent to come down a little in price. I guess we just figured this is not something we do everyday, so we may as well do it the way we really want. I am happy to hear that you felt the balcony was worth the extra money. We will be going to Bermuda for a week in June and I can't wait.
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 05:33 PM

camillec,

You will love it - as well as the cruise in general! The only problem is now I will never be able to cruise again without a balcony!

Have a wonderful time. I wish I could go again RIGHT NOW!