Reload this Page >

Celebrity Suite (Celebrity Line) vs Sky Suite or "larger outside"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:03 AM
Lois

We're leaning towards our first cruise - possibly Celebrity. We definitely want a balcony. The Celebrity Suite looks fantastic -- is it worth the additional money over a &quot;sky suite&quot; -- or should we just stick with the &quot;larger outside suite&quot; --I don't like confined places (that's why we want roomy). My husband and I normally stay at more luxury-type hotels. Want something to compare.<BR><BR>Anyone know anyplace I can get fantastic prices on an March or April 2004 cruise to Caribbean (Celebrity or that class) -- new ship -- in a Celebrity type suite???<BR><BR>Thanks for the help.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Starfish

The larger the suite the more you pay.<BR>Check and see how large the cabins are.<BR>If you can afford it go for the Royal Suite. <BR>Sky suites are smaller than luxury-type hotels that you mentioned.<BR>The .com sites will get you a better price. Get quotes from all of them. <BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Lenore

Our Celebrity brochure shows diagrams and sq footage of both the cabin and the balcony for each cabin category. It also shows the general placement of the furnishings within the cabin. Get a brochure from any travel agency or request one directly from the cruiseline. They sometimes use confusing terminology so it's great to see it all laid out. For example, the deluxe room is actually smaller than the large room. Or was it the superior room? Anyway, you get the idea.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Missy

&gt;&gt;Author: Lois ([email protected])<BR>Date: 01/14/2003, 01:03 pm<BR>Message: We're leaning towards our first cruise - possibly Celebrity. We definitely want a balcony. The Celebrity Suite looks fantastic -- is it worth the additional money over a &quot;sky suite&quot;&gt;&gt; <BR><BR>The Celebrity Suite is very large BUT it does not have a balcony. It has panoramic floor to ceiling windows.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Mary

Lois: The Celebrity Suites does not have a balcony it has floor to ceiling windows.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Lois

Thanks for the advice on the Suite -- I didn't realize no balcony, which I think is a plus to have, isn't it???<BR><BR>Based on that would the Sky Suite that has a veranda, butler svc, whirlpool tub be worth the extra cost over the Superior outside suites???<BR><BR>Is the &quot;butler&quot; worth it??<BR><BR>On the different Superior outside suites A, B &amp; C -- what's the difference?<BR><BR>Also, for a first-timer - which deck is best (quiet &amp; not prone to seasickness)?<BR><BR>Finally, is the Constellation a better ship than the Millenium and what are the differences??<BR><BR>Thanks for helping me figure it all out. It's hard first time.<BR><BR>