dinner wardrobe

Nov 3rd, 2002, 06:02 PM
Kaye

dinner wardrobe

Hi Everyone!

Husband and I are going on first cruise in December on the Royal Carribean. I know we have a formal dinner and one semi-formal. What do people usually weary in the dining room on a normal night? Thanks and any other info would be appreciated.

Kaye

Nov 3rd, 2002, 07:41 PM
Fanci

There are three categories of dress: formal, informal, and casual. Your "normal" night will be posted as casual.

Informal requires a jacket [no tie] for gentlemen, and dress or slack suit for ladies [dressier shoe, smart resort wear].

Casual is anything but shorts, jeans and nudity. [Shoes and shirt always required.] Flats, sundresses, blouses, skirts all fine.

Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:09 PM
Lew

Keep in mind you are not expected to be a fashion plate. On our recent Legend 12 day Baltic trip one lady had 22 bags...which was announced to the ship over the PA system on the day of disembarkation.

And I thought 7 dresses, 7 matching purses, 7 matching pairs of shoes, 5 casual shoes, 12 shorts, 10 slacks, 10 sweaters, 13 blouses, 2 coats, 14 bras and 14 sets of other stuff [all of which I schlepped] to be excessive!

Nov 4th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Cruiser

Kaye--Also take a close look at you final documents which should be coming soon. They generally give an example for men and women on suggestions what to wear for each type.
Fanci also gave correct info.
Happy cruising!!

Nov 4th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Lew

Zach...yes I am a New Yorker...my family arrived in 1690. A square headed Dutchman of good Lutheran stock who worked for what he has. How many basketball teams carry your family name?

And you missed a bet...since I admit I schlepped a lot of ladies luggage, you could have suggested I was a cross dresser.

Nov 4th, 2002, 08:50 AM
xxxxxxx

Naw you are just PW!

Nov 4th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Peter

What kind of a name is Lew Timberwolves anyway?

Nov 4th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Lew Timberwolf

Peter...actually, the Timberwolf branch of the family are distant cousins who moved to Minnesota...but they're looking pretty good in their division, eh? Much better than the home boys.

Nov 4th, 2002, 10:58 AM
zach

I thought if I suggested you were a crossdresser, Fodors would have deleted my post. So I didn't, and they deleted my post.