Booking a Windstar cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We would like to cruise Greece/Turkey this fall. Researching the various cruise lines, right now we are inclined to go with Windstar. I read somewhere (don't remember where as I have read a bunch of stuff) that if you book through certain travel agents the cost of the cruise is much less.

Anyone have this experience? Any recommendations of travel agents that can help?
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM

It could be a little less, but few cruise lines discount heavily anymore. It's not generally allowed (though some preferred agents do get better rates ... though I can't tell you specifically which ones in this case). But the price differences are usually not more than a couple hundred dollars. I've never seen a rate that's "much less".
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:21 PM

WindStar is a great choice..The Surf is the bigger ship but it doesn't make much difference. We have been on 3 Windstar cruises but not Greece/Turkey altho we did see one of them docked. We did the Oceania trip in the islands from IST. to Marsaille (sp). A different kind of ship/experience and also a smaller ship than most but bigger than Windstar. You will love this trip!!!
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
PMJ

We did the Windstar from Rome to Athens about 8 years ago, and did the Windsurf Baltic cruise last summer. We are doing the Caribbean on Windsurf January 26th. Both ships are fabulous. I've always booked with them directly, and was happy with the prices we got.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:01 AM

We just did Istanbul to Athens last October on Windstar. We also did a Carribean cruise with the the Windstar last March. I love the line and will be hard pressed to return to the big ships, unless I am going with a big group, multi-generation type cruise. I have been on the bigger ship, the Windsurf and one of the smaller ones, the Windspirit - loved them both. They have a lot of specials on their website for particular weeks, I would check that out.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM

While there are more restrictions on pricing from cruiselines than ever, it can still make a big difference which travel agency you book with. Check out:

http://www.cruisecompete.com

Here you pick the cruise you want, then get quotes from various agencies all trying to offer the best deal. You have to look beyond price, though--sometimes the best offer has a higher price with a more onboard credit, etc.

Good luck!
Old Jan 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM

we are looking at the same itinerary this Fall. Looks like the early booking rate directly with them $3199 base is the best we can find. Have you seen better?
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 07:50 AM

We did Greece with "Windstar"...what a great experience. We loved this smaller ship than the big ones. Since you board it you see the difference. Look at different agents before booking, you will find different rates one from the other..not that much anyway!
Old Feb 2nd, 2013, 11:36 AM

we just booked our first cruise on Windstar; found a good price on Vacations to go.com.
Old Apr 11th, 2016, 07:34 AM

Ditto on Vacations to go--excellent service on phone with all details and better price than we could get elsewhere.