Reload this Page >

Best price for a cruise?

Search

Best price for a cruise?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Northstar

Best price for a cruise?

Where can I find the best deal for middle class cruising?

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Vic

Try<BR><BR>Cruise.com<BR>Travelocity.com<BR>Expedi a.com<BR>Orbitz.com<BR><BR>Look carefully at their specials, they often have good deals.<BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:57 AM
deb

Also try VacationsToGo.com and Moments-Notice.com.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:22 AM
Debbie

Just booked a cruise on Momentsnoticetravel.com and got a GREAT deal.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:05 AM
Lenore

We've used My Travel several times without disappointment and always got a good deal. They keep changing their web name. You can find them on the internet at mytravelco.com or cruisesonly.com Good luck!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Nancy

I've always used cruisesonly.com too. They give great rates but what I like about their website is the 360-degree virtual cruise ship tours. I can see my cabin before I even go.<BR><BR>Ask for catherine in the charlotte office. she's fantastic.<BR><BR>NJD

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Ann Marie

Try buycruises.com<BR>They beat every quote I got (inc. the ones listed in the above posts.<BR>I did get a lower quote from an on-line only (NO phone contact AT ALL)company called cruisequick.com, but was a little spooked at having to handle everything through email. Opted to split the difference and go with buycruises.com so I at least had someone to talk with.<BR>Good luck!

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 10:51 AM
George

Well I agree with research but I spent alot of time, called 4 local agencies and then 5 online ones and all of them were within $20 of each other, so all that work to compare when the first call was enough, I got mine locally so I could get a booklet and look into the eyes of someone. I spent $3100 so I felt better seeing who was taking my money. I have yet to find an online place that was significantly less. I did book last year with an online company www.CruiseNow.com, and they cut their commission but found out they went out of business so I guess that was not a smart route to follow<BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:31 PM
Travelitis

I booked through cruisecritic.com, and their rates were less than Orbitz or Expedia. My cruise ticket says I paid more than I did, too.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Patty

How did you book thru cruisecritic.com? Do you mean you booked thru one of their advertisers?

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Paul

I've booked two cruises and have used Sam's Club Travel both times (associated with the Sam's Club warehouse stores). I admit I didn't do an exhaustive search, but the price both times was several hundred dollars less than everywhere else I did check.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:54 AM
John

Moments Notice Travel is very inexpensive - they reserve blocks of rooms at very reasonable prices. Their latest great deal is the 5/5 sailing of NCL's newest ship Star for its seven night cruise around the Hawaiian islands for only $299 for an oceanview including port charges!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>All travel agents have that $299 price.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Peter

Another "fact" from Paul - all travel agents have that $299 price - funny that Cruise411 is offering that sailing for $555 - must be pocketing the difference! Or...maybe Paul doesn't consider these internet agencies "legitimate" travel agents - what say you internet agents?

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Patty

I don't believe all agents had that price and a few agencies had that price but for different dates - I called Moment's Notice and they could offer me that price for the 5/5 sailing but not the 4/28 one. The agency that I booked thru had the 4/28 sailing but not the 5/5 one. NCL was not offering that price directly and made no mention of it on their site or in their emails. And Cruise411 and Uniglobe didn't have it available for either of the dates.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Peter

I mistakenly referenced Cruise411 - it should have been bestpricecruises.com and they still have the $555 price for the 5/5 sailing.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 08:18 AM
marge

I check with most of the above and then go to www.cruise.com. Agent, Sharon Smith has always returned my calls, sent me booklets. She can be reached at 800-303-3337 x274. <BR>She will give you their lowest price on the first call. <BR>I really like www.vacationstogo.com site but Sharon always beats their price.<BR><BR>Ann Marie: Thanks for the tip of I'll add them to my list for next time.