Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

cruise.com -- Has anyone bought a cruise through them?

Jun 10th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

I found good prices on a cruise that I want, but I want to know if it's safe to buy from the ff:

1. cruise.com
2. cruise direct.com
3. leisure leaders.com

Can anyone share their experience? I just want to know that they're legitimate.

Thanks,
Lizette
Jun 11th, 2004, 03:28 AM

I have been very pleased with cruisequick.com You might get a quote from them, as I find they are usually less expensive.
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:06 AM
esd

Yes, I would try cruisequick and ALL others before booking. We got a great deal on an upcoming Celebrity cruise through them. Many hundreds less than any other site. But then they were many hundreds higher on a transatlantic cruise we have planned.
Jun 11th, 2004, 04:17 AM
esd

Yes, I would try cruisequick and ALL others before booking. We got a great deal on an upcoming Celebrity cruise through them. Many hundreds less than any other site. But then they were many hundreds higher on a transatlantic cruise we have planned.
My daughter is looking at a late year RC cruise and found the best price at cruisevacationcenter.com.

But after searching all sites, if cruise.com can't be beat, I certainly would have no qualms about booking with them. I have never seen any negative write-ups about them.

PS I would try to follow my son-in-laws advice about online 'shopping'. Use one CC that has nothing else on it. That way if there is a problem or dispute you don't have alot of other charges on there to wade through. Most of these sites say that all payments go right to the cruiseline and they give you a cruiseline booking #. Then you can go to their site and verify all particulars...date, cabin #, any dining options etc etc.

Good luck on getting your best deal!
Jun 11th, 2004, 07:51 AM

cruise.com had a pretty good price, but makingmemoriestravel was better, and their service hs been excellent.
Jun 13th, 2004, 04:39 PM

I vote for having you try cruisequick too.
I have 2 cruises booked with
them right now and their prices can't be beat.

You should know what you want, though. They don't hold your hand.
Jun 13th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Just a word of warning with cruisequick.com:

I used them to price a cruise I'm taking in the near future, and they were $1,960 MORE expensive than the quote I received from my travel agent. Same exact deal, except actually a better room with my TA.

I couldn't find any online cruise site to beat the deal she gave me. Just my two cents.
Jun 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM

I got a good deal through cruise.com. I also like vacationstogo.com
Jun 24th, 2004, 02:27 PM
jd

I have used cruise.com without any problems. When the price of our cabin went down and we notified them, they promptly sent a check for the difference.On the cruise I just booked they could not come close to cruisequick.com, so I went with them.
Jun 25th, 2004, 12:19 PM

I've booked three cruises through Cruise.com and had excellent service. However, the other posters are correct--you need to shop around, as you never know who will have the lowest price.

An easy way to do this is through www.CruiseCompete.com

You pick your cruise, then agencies compete to offer you the best deal. If you already have a price quote, put that in the comments so the agencies know what they have to beat.

Good luck!