Best sites/agencies for cruise deals?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. I'm looking to book a cruise and want to know what web sites or agencies offer the best cruise deals. Do you save money by booking with the cruise company directly or through an agency? I ask this becuase the last time I cruised I booked through Celebrity directly and we paid more than another couple who had a better cabin than us! ) :
Thanks for any suggestions!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 07:35 PM
sle

Hi we have booked 6 cruises thru cruisesonly. com (My Travel Company) and have been very happy with the travel agent we have used. Our son booked last year thru vacationstogo.com and was very happy with the service. Bob
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 07:48 PM

I've booked several cruises with Best Price Cruises at very low prices...also Global Travel International.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 03:53 AM

Just booked with Online Vacation Center, good price, but don't know how it will turn out. It is the first time with them.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 05:30 AM
LizFrazier

I agree with Marcia, www.bestpricecruises.com is really great on the prices. The last cruise we booked was through www.lowestcruiseprices.com because the best price cruises didn't show any rates. The ship was nearly full and we got the last cabin available at a great price. Many times we have booked with the NCL cruise line direct and have gotten good deals by quoting what we could get at one of the on line places. The sometimes will beat it. The last time they wouldn't though, so we booked through the lowest cruise prices and had a fantastic cruise.
You just have to bounce your price off more than one place. Lowest cruise prices told me they would always beat someone elses price. I think it comes from discounting their commission, but whatever works if I get the best price. I don't ask them to do it.
We also book a lot on repositioning cruises and find they aren't as popular and therefore not as full=better prices. Liz

Old Aug 18th, 2003, 05:29 AM

Two keys to getting the best price are:

1. Shop around. Just because one agency had the best price last time, doesn't mean they'll have it again. Cruisebrothers, icruise, thecruisecompany, cruisevalue, cruisequick, crucon--all give good prices--get quotes to see who has the best.

2. When you cruise is key. Varying your trip by even one or two weeks can change the price by 50% or more.

Cheers!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Try checking with a local agency. If you have to, see about them matching prices. (We hate it or can't afford to do it always, but we are trying to keep our doors open.)

A local agent will normally work with you and you can develop a good working relationship. Don't know about booking on line, but I have heard some horror stories. (I know, I know, there are horror stories with locals, too.)

Old Aug 19th, 2003, 04:02 AM

I have found vacationstogo, out of Houston are fantastic! Unbeatable cruise rates!
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 04:45 AM

Try a Canadian Web site because a lot of Canadian TA's can get thier customers the same price in Canadian as the US price would have been (or close anyway) and then you have exchange working on your side so you should end up cheaper.
Old Aug 19th, 2003, 01:49 PM

Lissa,

Would you happen to know of a website of that has cruise deals in Canadian funds? It's frustrating to have to go the extra step of doing a mental exchange and seeing the price go up so much..takes all the excitement out of it!!

Thanks.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 12:41 PM

I find that Cruisemarket Place in Cal. gives the best discounts. They have an 800 number or try there web site
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 02:28 PM

twice we've used cruisequick.com, an internet only site. they've given us very good prices and quick service.
Old Sep 3rd, 2003, 04:28 PM

I personally wasn't impressed with cruisequick--their quote was over $1000 per person more than what I had found for myself on the cruiselines website.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 05:46 PM

Try Cruising Co., Etc. - they do lots of cruises and match lower cruise prices, too. Also, you get complimentary concierge-style service, too.
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:58 PM

I just used Costco Travel for Celebrity and they saved me $212 off the price I was quoted from Celebrity for the same exact stateroom. Only catch...you have to be a Costco member.
(877)849-2730
Old Sep 7th, 2003, 07:59 PM

I just booked a Celebrity cruise and got 7 nights, Southern Carribean for 2 at $898 total, including port charges.
(Over Thanksgiving, too)

I used Crucon.com and found that it was a great price, then took that info to Cruisequick.com and got a quote that was $250 cheaper. So, I feel like I got a awesome deal and great service. I highly recommend Cruisequick.com.

Good luck and have a great vacation!
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 07:00 AM

I would not use cruisequick.com unless I had a specific cabin number. I booked four cabins, all supposed to be oceanview. I specifically asked for picture windows instead of a porthole. I got one porthole (in the very front of the ship, which is a telescoping window - weird) and three picture windows, all of those were obstructed view. Their replies were short and to the point: Obstructed view can still be considered oceanview! So live and learn...
I also had to email them repeatedly for two months after the cruise to receive my Royal Caribbean coupon check for $75 (less their commission - about $62 net).
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 04:21 AM

We just got great prices from 1-800-cruises (same as cruisesonly.com). Part of the fun of cruising is bargaining in the bazaar of discount cruise agencies, and it helps to share information with other travellers.
Old Sep 13th, 2003, 07:20 AM

For mass market cruise lines I've gotten excellent pricing and service through cruisequick.com

Never a problem and I always hand picked my own cabin so I know exactly what I'm getting.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 06:42 AM

A new site just launched called CruiseCompete.com. Instead of shopping around one agency at a time, you request a quote once, then get responses from multiple agencies. Members include cruise.com, Best Price Cruises, Cruise Value Center and others.

Definitely worth a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Your Privacy Choices -