Reload this Page >

Anyone cruised on the Summit

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 05:26 AM
Jane

My parents are interested in going to Alaska next year and are thinking of cruising on the Summit. Has anyone sailed this cruiseship? Any info would be great

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Rick

I've sailed on it's sister ship the Millenium and it's a great ship. Well laid out and I'm sure that anyone will enjoy cruising on it.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 08:57 PM
DJ

Sailed on the Summit a year ago and had a good experience with this vessel. Good service, nice cabin. Originally in a premium room with balcony and then upgraded to a Sky Suite. Both accomodations were spacious and well laid out with all the necessary ammenities. The food was very good overall in the various eating venues. Especially enjoyed the Cova Cafe. Great desserts and coffee. It's a beautiful ship which I'm sure your parents will enjoy.

Old Dec 18th, 2002, 04:48 AM
cathy

Sailed on Summit last January. Great ship!Book a Century Suite if you can-huge windows for viewing glaciers and Butler service(it's too cold to really enjoy a balcony properly in Alaska anyway).

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Cat

Sailed on Summit just over a year ago - lovely ship. Enjoy!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 08:45 PM
HighSeasWitch

Sailed on the Summit in November, 2002 and loved the ship. We did the Millennium in 2001 and thought it would be boring to do the same ship in 2002, but found the Summit, while the same layout, had a totally different personality. The service and food were terrific, definitely book the alternative restaurant; the entertainment very good and the ship <BR>5 star all the way. The art work is definitely modern/comtemporary and very interesting. We're booking the Constellation this year.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Paul Therault

Nice to hear good things about the Celebrity mega-ships. I was ready to give up on them.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 04:52 AM
Mary

Cruised on the Summit last May and loved it. We loved it so much that we've just booked back-to-back cruise for Alaska this August. It's a lovely ship and the crew was great.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Harold

Mary, we're booked on Summit 8/8 southbound. Family of 4 with 2 teens 15/17 by then.<BR><BR>Is one of your trips the 8/8? Any kids? <BR><BR>Please respond by e-mail. I couldn't get your address to work.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Lenore

I am so relieved to read so many good reviews of the Summit. In another post, there were a lot of negative comments about this ship and its service. I sometimes wonder if people just like to complain or are imposssible to please!