Your Favorite Sandals Resort???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are just realized we have about a week to travel somewhere in March. Since he is employed with Delta Airlines, we are able to fly free (stand-by of course). We are also able to get a fairly decent rate at any of the Sandals resorts- $200/night per couple. (I'm assuming this is a good deal??) This will be our first all-inclusive experience. Decent scuba diving and golfing are important... we enjoy good food and flowing beverages. And of course, who doesn't want a nice beach and pool?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM

We liked Antigua the best. Better everything including nightlife. And they offer their own diversity of menus with good dining venues. The biggest challenge you'll find is how to fit in all the diving, time at the beach and pool, and perhaps, a well-deserved reward at their spa,touring the island - a must - and just having a good time.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM

That is a great deal!! You can compare prices by using their website. I am a beach person, and my personal choice would be Whitehouse - I believe this is the newest of the resorts - was barely finished when we went in Feb of 2005. The beach is endless and beautiful!!! Restaurant selection was great - only drawback - there isnot a golf course nearby - and Jamaica is not exactly known for its scuba diving.

Top shelf alcohol is available, unlike many other all inclusives - and plentiful. And the food selection is great and varied. depending on which resort you choose. The pools (yes, plural) are gorgeous and the beach is wonderful. (We did need bug spray for the sand fleas - I don't know if they have alleviated this issue, but OFF worked just fine.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM

If you want great pools, great beach and awsome sunsets Sandals Whitehouse is for you... We have dont almost all of the Sandals resorts so if you have any ?'s feel free to email me.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 02:58 PM

If you want great pools, great beach and awsome sunsets Sandals Whitehouse is for you... We have done almost all of the Sandals resorts so if you have any ?'s feel free to email me.
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Original Poster

I would say most important is scuba diving, with golf second...
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 04:18 AM
KVR

We've stayed at Sandals Royal Bahamian in Nassau and the Grande St. Lucian in St. Lucia. Of the 2 we prefered the resort in the Bahamas, but liked the Island of St. Lucia over Nassau.

Most Sandals resorts are in Jamaica. We have not made it to Jamaica yet, but are planning a trip to Negril Nov. '06. However, we have decided on the Couples resorts over Sandals. More activites included and the price for their suites are less expensive.

The Sandals resort in Antigua is going through a major upgrade. They are adding a new wing of rooms and a pool. Unless you are not bothered by construction, I would hold off on that resort until completeion in approx. 2007.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 05:10 AM

We've been to 3 Sandals resorts in Jamaica. Negril was the most beautiful, Montego Bay was the most fun, and Royal Caribbean had the most privacy. I've heard great things about the Royal Bahamian and St. Lucia. You can't go wrong with Sandals. They are very predictable and the food isn't bad either. I personnaly think the Jamaicans are the friendliest people in the Caribbeans(If you show them kindness also).
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 11:44 AM

Good post bean 2574! Jamaicans rock!
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM

I have not stayed at Sandals resorts, however, you say your main interests are scuba and golf. If you go to Sandals website, they have a whole section on where the best diving is in the caribbean and which ones include golf. Of the islands they have Sandals resorts in, I would say St. Lucia or Nassau are your best bet.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Sandals Dunns River has a nice golf course...
Old Feb 7th, 2006, 08:13 AM

paulalou,
I want to go to whitehouse in Jamaica and would like to email you to discuss. Can you please contact me with your email address. Thanks.
Jill Balick
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:05 AM

Mine is [email protected]
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 06:07 AM

I also have msn messenger if you would like to do chat that way...