Best Beach at a Sandals Resort

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:43 PM
1WayOut

Best Beach at a Sandals Resort

Hey out there. Which Sandals has the best beach?

Which has the best combo beach/pool.

Also, how are the beds at Sandals. The last AI resort I went to the bed was hard as a rock. Very uncomfortable.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Penney

We have been to 7 Sandals/Beaches and the best beach was at Beaches Turks - absolutely beautiful. But for a Sandals, I would say Sandals MoBay - it is the largest private beach in Jamaica. Very long, wide waters range from calm to too choppy for water skiing.

Sandals Antigua also has a very nice beach as does Negril.

Best beach/pool combo...Dunn's is nice - pool is very nice and large; Halycon and NEgril both have pools that are right next to the beach and Sandals St. Lucia. Sandals St. Lucia is said to have the largest pool in the Caribbean but the beach is poor.

Beds are fine.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:36 PM
beachlover

I can't comment on any of the other Sandals but the one in Antigua has a great beach. It's large and spread out so you never feel crowded. The sand is white, soft and powder-like with the aquamarine water everyone looks for!

The beds are very comfortable, I slept like a baby!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:37 PM
Kim

We have been to almost all the Sandals and feel Negril and Montego Bay have the best beaches. St. Lucia Golf & Spa Resort has the best pools (not a good beach). Sandals Dunns River has a great pool also.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:37 PM
beachlover

forgot to add: There are 5 pools/whirlpools at Sandals Antigua. They are not large but they don't get too crowded because everyone seems to keep to the near their own room.

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 02:29 PM
Rene

Sandals MoBay has the best beach.
The beds are of a very high quality and we slept fine.
Our favorite of the Sandals is Antigua, and they also have a nice beach and good beds. MoBay is our second favorite, so you still would be happy there.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 05:06 PM
xx

In my opinion none of the beaches at Sandals are the best beaches. We've always been disappointed in their beaches. Could be because we've been spoiled by the beaches on St. John. None of the Sandals can compare to St. John beaches.