sandals bahamas??

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 05:50 AM
liz

sandals bahamas??

sandals bahamas in may? any good reviews?

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Brian

If you only want "good reviews", then I'll refrain from contributing.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Stephen

The good thing about it is that the Bahama's is close to the U.S. It looks like it has a lot of prestige, but is not our favorite of the Sandals. What is crucial to you in a hotel? Lots of restaurants but the food isn't anything to brag about. The playmakers try really hard, but people that choose this resort seem more interested in leaving the resort to gamble.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Tabatha

Liz, dont mind these people. If you are looking for a great AI, I am sure sandals will fit your needs. There is not much nightlife there though, if that interests you, you would be better off looking at the breezes a few hotels down the beach. They are both located on cable beach, which is the best beach on the island.

We had a great 2 weeks at the radisson this past may, but between nassau and paradise island there is lots to do, have fun!

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Penney

I tend to agree with Stephen in that it too was not our favorite Sandals and do not think it warrants the high price tag. While it is a rally beautiful and impressive resort (the pools are awesome), the beach is tiny (off shore island beach is very nice however but again, small). Food and service ws very good, evening entertainment was great while we were there but unless you get a major upgrade, do not feel that the prices for the rooms are appropriate. They are nice but way too expensive.

We had a great time and again, it is a beautiful property but as compared to the other Sandals, feel the price is too high and we would return to other Sandals before considering Sandals Bahamas.

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 07:09 AM
guy

I too am thinking of going here. What's the scoop. From what i'm reading the food is good the staff is good, the pools are great, so how are they missing the mark. Also do they have scuba instructors there?

Old Jan 11th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Stephen

Let me clarify. We were actually intrigued by the off-shore island and by the gardens. The room was beautiful with central a/c, and a complete bathroom. The jacuzzi was also very nice. However, we didn't feel that the food was anything to write home about. It took forever to get any of the bartenders to pay any attention to you, and that's the only Sandals that we found to have this problem. If you were not out at the pool at 6am, you did not get a chaise lounge. Many persons laid down towels and then went to breakfast or left the resort or whatever, but people made their stakes and refused to pick up their towels in case they wanted to come back to the pool that same day. This is part of the reason we vacation - to enjoy the sun and lay around the pool. And as hard as the playmakers tried - and they did try very hard - people just didn't seem interested in doing anything. It's just very hard to participate in anything by yourself.
If we go back to the Bahama's, we will stay at the Radisson.