Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Is Sandals Royal Bahamian as good as it looks?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2003, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are looking for a great all-inclusive in the caribbean, thinking probably Bahamas or Aruba, but up for almost any island other than Jamaica (b/c we've already done that one). Please let us know at what AI you've had a GREAT time.
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 05:36 AM

It is a beautiful resort but personally think it is way over priced and if looking at a Sandals, there are ones that are just as good and cheaper.

The pools are impressive - huge and the focal points of the resort. The beaach is very small - calm blue waters but small. Off shore island is nicer - more tropical in feel. Food was very good - nice choices so you don't get bored.

Again, for the money, would pick some place else. Way too expensive for a Sandals.

Penney
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Penney, that seems to be a common sentiment. i guess we're steering away from bahamas, still want AI tho, thinking maybe Antigua (Coco Bay?) or St. Lucia. Any comments on all-inclusives on these islands would be appreciated.
Old Sep 1st, 2003, 04:40 PM

We stayed at Sandals Antigua and thought it was great - it is more tropical in feel, great beach, laid bacck atmosphere. Thought it was a far better value then Sandals Bahamas. There is also Blue Waters in Anigua which is considered much better. St. Lucia is a much prettier island and more to see and do off the island - much greener so that mightbe a consideration if looking for things off the resort.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 08:15 AM

Honeymooned in Sandals R/B and loved it, but would say that the resort is one of the oldest Sandals and the newer ones, Jamaica, Antigua, offer newer and nicer facilities. For the money, I would recommend elsewhere.