Where to stay in July in the Bahamas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2005, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are going on our 1st anniversary to the Bahamas. I have frequent flier miles on US Air so the flight is free. I don't want to spend a lot on the hotel, I was thinking of Atlantis but it will cost about $1000 for 3 nights. We would like a place on the beach with a nice pool and possibly a swim up bar. If anyone as any recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM

If you stayed at the Comfort Suites which is across the street from the Atlantis, you can get a much better price, and still have access to all the amenities of the Atlantis. CS also has a nice pool with a swim up bar. Staying there you also get a complimentary breakfast, juice, muffins, cereal.

STaying at CS you are also close to the Hurricane Hole for a couple of restaurants and some shopping for munchies to have in your room.

You might also try some of the discount online travel agencies for good prices as well, like www.libertytravel.com.

Some of the outislands in the Bahamas would also have better prices even than CS, but it's about $100rt from Nassau.

If you need any other info please let me know.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 04:49 PM
mjz

Check out Old Bahama Bay or the Westin on Freeport or the Four Seasons Exuma.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 06:32 PM

Also check into Island Seas Resort on Freeport. Nice beachfront pool with swim up, reasonable condo rentals. We used Condoexpress.com to book. Good luck!!
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 07:11 PM

we like the Radisson..nice beach (swim up
bar) and beautiful pools. We've been 3 times and are planning our 4th.

Jim
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 06:14 AM

I agree with Wantsomesun, stay at comfort suites, you get the benefit of using all of Atlantis facilities with out the expense. We were there last June and we stayed at the Radisson for two nights, comfort suites for two nights and then at Atlantis for the remainder of our trip. Radisson was a dump, the roof leaked, the rooms were dated and not very clean. The nice part about Radisson-the pools and the beach is nice but it is no where near Atlantis. Comfort Suites was terrific, the rooms were fairly good sized, ceiling fan, large bathroom, free breakfast, and all the amenities of Atlantis. Then we moved to Atlantis-the views from our room were awesome. It was nice not to have to walk back across the street to our rooms in case we forgot something, but really for the savings Comfort Suites would do the trick!! You will love Atlantis-the pools are fabulous, the beach is great too. I don't know if Atlantis has a swim up bar-we were there with our young daughter so we didn't use this feature-but the wait staff was terrific-they wont leave you thirsty! If you like beer, but don't like the price they charge, go over to the restuarant at Harborside-they actually have a happy hour (only Atlantis restuarant to have happy hour that we found!!) 2 for 1!!! And we bought a few extra to take to our room, while our daughter slept we sat on our balcony and had a couple of beers that didn't cost $5 each!! Have fun!!!
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 12:10 PM

Have heard that Harbour Island is really nice.Never been there.A friend has been to Nassau and said that it was kinda dirty there.I watched a show on the best beaches in the Bahamas,from what I saw,Harbour Island gets my vote.
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 10:47 PM

If you want a really spectacular beach, then I would also suggest going to Harbour Island, the only problem is if you are only doing 3 nights it's a bit of a hassle sometimes to get there from Nassau.

If you are staying say 4 or 5 nights then you might consider staying on Harbour Island and there are several nice places you can look at, www.coralsands.com www.romorabay.com or www.runawayhill.com are a few of the resorts on island.

There is a bit of shopping, a few straw stands, a couple of art galleries, and several really good restaurants.

Fly into Nassau and either take the fast ferry over or fly (20 minute flight) on Bahamas Air to N. Eleuthera and then is's a quick cab ride and water taxi over to the island.

Have a great trip where ever you decide to go.