Laid back Paradise Island?

Jun 28th, 2002, 06:16 AM
patty

Laid back Paradise Island?

Is it possible to stay on on beach in Paradise Island without staying in a huge hotel/resort? I would like to take a quick trip this summer, but am put off by the Atlantis and other mega resorts. Looking for a place on the beach with a pool that is fairly family friendly. That being said, I wouldn't mind visiting Atlantis for a day, since the kids would love the pool and slides. Thanks!

Jun 28th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Gina

Hi Patty! There is a Comfort Suites that is next to the Atlantis, that if you stay there, you have full access to everything at the Atlantis. The property has its own pool and pool bar. They offer a deluxe continental breakfast, but you have to use the Atlantis' beach. Another option is to stay at the Radisson on Cable Beach. Love this property. 700 rooms, right on the beach, 3 pools, waterfalls, jacuzzis, etc. Hope this helps a little. If you need anymore help, email me. I am a travel agent with AAA.

Jun 28th, 2002, 08:52 AM
patty

Gina,
Thanks but the Radisson sounds way too busy for me. Not really what I had in mind. Looking for something smaller and more intimate. Anybody else?
patty

Jun 28th, 2002, 09:08 AM
scubagirl

Try Sunrise Villa's, The Chaplin House (no pool), Pink House(no pool) or even Club Med.
In Nassau.. you can stay at the British Colonial Hilton.. quiet, serene, no kids club and no activities director. Pool, kayaks, small private beach and great staff.
Just steps from downtown Nassau or the ferry to Atlantis.

Jul 1st, 2002, 06:04 AM
Keely

We stayed at Sunrise Beach Villas about 6 years ago, and if it hasn't deteriorated since then, I would say it fits your bill. There are a large variety of rooms including 2- and 3-bedroom villas with full kitchens. The resort is small and quiet but just a short walk from Atlantis. There are two pools that the kids would love because they have waterfalls & tunnels & the like. There were families there and they'll stock your fridge with groceries in advance if you give them your shopping list. It doesn't have the amenities of the larger resorts but it's right on the beach between Ocean Club & Atlantis and it's very family friendly. If you email me privately at [email protected], I can give you more info on this place if you need it.