Search

Atlantis

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis

I would like to get some info on Atlantis?
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wht do you want to know? Go to their website for descriptions of the resort. You will get very mixed replies here. Many people hate Atlantis, and many love it.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

I did go to the web site, but would like first hand info. How is the beach? Where you happy with the resort?
How are the restaurants and is it worth the $$$?
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM

The atlantis is cool, however oh so pricey. Stay at the Comfort Suites across the street and enjoy all the atlanits pools and exhibits for free. When the atlantis was originally constructed they took the beach away from Comfort Suites and the deal was the customers of Comfort Suites could have full use of Atlantis property.

Also, get out and dine away from the Atlantis, there are many good resturants to be had. I especially liked the Poop Deck. Check it out to see if it is still in business as I have not been to the island in several years now. Beautiful grounds at the atlantis and aquarium. Have fun!!
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM

Check out www.tripadvisor.com for a variety of views. We rented a timeshare at Harborside and really appreciated the extra space and the kitchen. I really enjoyed the pools but thought the beach was a dud.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 04:41 PM

Hi Candace!

There are numerous threads on Atlantis....type ATLANTIS into the search window at the top of the screen, you'll get past threads to the left for your review.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We always enjoyed our stays at the Atlantis. The beach is great. The aquariums and The Dig are fantastic. People always say how expensive it is, but I didn't find it more than most resort areas.
We have been there both with and without the gourmet meal plan. We spent much LESS money without the plan. Our favorite restaurants there are Villa D'Este and The Bahamian Club. We have eaten across the street at Anthony's Grille and down the street at restaurants at the Hurricane Hole Shopping Center. As stated before,, do a search on this site for Atlantis and read some of the threads.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
We enjoyed our stay at the Atlantis like schmerl above and I agree with her two restaurant picks (Villa d este and Bahamian Club) were our favorites as well. We liked the gourmet meal plan and ate our money's worth. If you are big eaters, it is a good plan.
The hotel is very nice (also gaudy and over the top!), but fun. We stayed in the Royal towers and our room was very nice.We were in a suite because it was my birthday. The rooms were over priced for what they are, but everything was right there in front of our tower. The pools are nice. The resort is fun. It is a place I am glad we went, but there are too many other places to go to go back there.
Oh and it was a great place to go as a group. We had about 10 adults and 5 kids. Having everything on site was easy to meet up each day.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 05:59 AM

We loved the Atlantis. In addition to the water slides, there are so many neat things to do and see.

They have a new Aqua Adventure that looks awesome. Not sure if this has replaced the old one or if is in addition to the old one near the same area.

Stayed in the Royal Towers and, although pricey, really liked the convenience to the water slides, etc. Have read reviews by people who stayed in the Beach Tower area and they did not seem as happy with the Atlantis.

There is a very nice beach. However, when we were there, most people hung out at the pools instead of the beach.

There are also several fun excursions you can do - just check with the excursion center at the Atlantis (separate cost).

Is it worth the $$$ - can't answer that for you. To me, yes, it is well worth the $$$. Have stayed at several pricey resorts over the years and feel that the Atlantis offers more fun things to do than most.

Just got back from the Hyatt in Aruba, paid almost $400 per night (convention rate). For the near same price we paid at the Atlantis (again convention rate), there was a lot more fun things to do at the Atlantis.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 06:43 AM

We have been to Atlantis several times. Stayed in the Coral Tower, Harborside, and at the Comfort Suites. All nice accommodations. Pools and beach are great.

We have been thinking about going back this summer, in fact. Is the new water park and new market section open yet? Details, please.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:07 PM

I just received an email saying the new waterpark area will be open this month. I'm sure the website has pictures and info.