Where to go with toddler? Beautiful beaches and Quiet

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2006, 10:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am begining to research for our trip in Oct with our very active 3 year old. I had my mind set on Cape Santa Maria in Long Island (bahama out islands) but unfortunately they are closed in Oct. Here are are likes: beautiful calm white sand beaches, quiet, quaint, some restaurants. What we are not looking for: nightlife, shopping, or gambling. We have been to several islands including Anguilla, BVI (tortolla and VG on seperate trips), T&C, Curacao, Cancun, Abacos. We loved Anguilla for its beaches and isolation and loved Virgin Gorda also. We are open to villas and or hotel. We did prefer the condo setup in Turks. I think Cape Santa Maria really did meet all our criteria but now I don't know where to go. It is my understaning that Long Island was a bit prettier than the other out islands like Eleuthera/Exuma. Do not think I am intersted in places like four seasons or cap where our toddler may be out of place. I hope I have provided enough details...please help!!!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM

Eleuthera, Harbour Island, and Exumas are gorgeous. (Just as pretty as long Island!)
Harbour Island you go around in golf carts, which a 3 year old would love! You can also day trip to Eleuthera. Or stay in Eleuthera and day trip to Harbour Island. Both have gorgeous beaches.
Exumas are some of my favorite in the world, but the beachfront at Club Peace and Plenty is not the best, but (again) the have a free water taxi to Stocking Island which is stunning, and 3 year old would love the boat ride. (Long sentence, sorry) The Four Seasons is very kid friendly, especially the pool area, but it's definately a resort, and not a condo unit.
Treasure Cay in the Abacos has a condo set up like TC and is on a gorgeous beach. the only porblem is it's hard to get around, long distances to places, or sail boat rides to other islands. My girl was 3 at the time and did love the boat rides though.
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info blamona. It sounds like either would fit our criteria. If you were to choose a villa would it be on Eleuthera or Exumas. Which island has more beaches that are easily accessible? Sounds like we can ferry over to HI or Stocking island from each Eleuther and Exuma respectively for a day trip. Any experience with villas on either island? We may consider the FS if we end up going without my parents but otherwise it will likely be a villa on one of the out islands. Sorry for so many questions. Any input from others who have been to the out islands?...
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:27 PM

question away!
I stayed in Harbour Island and day tripped to Eleuthera. Eleuthera is very long, (90 miles?) so long distances, but piles of endless gorgeous beaches. The beach in Harbour Island is quite gorgeous too. I stayed at a resort, and was before I had my little girl.
We took our little girl to the Exumas. We stayed at Club Peace and Plenty. She was about 2 1/2. Not a great beach there, BUT they provide a water taxi back and forth to Stocking Island. She LOVED that. We rented a car 1 day and went to Tropic of Cancer Beach which was stunning. Had a beach picnic, which she loved. We rented a small boat for 1/2 a day from Starfish, and Phillip took us to some great cays. Little one LOVED LOVED LOVED this! Fast boat, different swimming beaches, what's not to love? We split our time, spent 1/2 at CPP, 1/2 at Four Seasons.
Even with your active 3 year old, you can't go wrong with either.
Old May 4th, 2006, 10:06 PM
OT

The Malliouhana Resort on Anguilla has a fantastic Children's Adventure Playground complete with Pirateship and waterslide. You daughter will love it.

However, they close for part of the low season, so perhaps this is a non-starter, but worth checking.