Where to go for the best beaches?

Aug 15th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Where to go for the best beaches?

Greetings all,

My friend and I are planning to spend Christmas somewhere warm this year. We will be leaving from Montreal and are looking for ideas as to where we could go. Any thoughts? We're looking for beautiful beaches, great pleace for snorkeling, all inclusive, not too expensive, fun but not too crazy, we like the quiet too!

Many thanks for your suggestions!

Aug 15th, 2003, 12:27 PM

I loved Antigua; there are several All Inclusive hotels to choose from that are pretty good. Pineapple Beach resort has a great beach, excellent snorkeling right off the beach,gets good reviews for food and drinks. It is a bit far from town but the hotel offers many tours such as a shuttle to town, picnic to Bird ISland and a trip to Shirley's Heights for their Sunday sunset party.

In addition, several tour companies will pick you up from the hotel; Waddali cats has a great Cirumnavigation tour of the island and Eli's eco tour is one I can recommend for a great day of snorkeling, history, touring and exploring.

Aug 15th, 2003, 12:39 PM

The 7-Mile beach in Negril, Jamaica is always included in the Top Ten of the World's Most Beautiful Beaches. Lots of A/I resorts.

L
Aug 15th, 2003, 01:10 PM

As long as you are not American, Cuba has awsome beaches in Varadero and Cayo Coco
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:31 PM

I recommend Aruba, specifically the Divi all inclusive. 85 and sunny any day of the year with trade winds to keep it comfortable. Not tropical, but one fun island...lots to do and see, great hospitality..can't go wrong!