Where should I go???!?!??!?

May 20th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Where should I go???!?!??!?

I am looking for a place to go in the Carribean this July. I have never been there before and have no idea which island I should go to. My sister will be going with me and we are interested in just relaxing on a beautiful beach and staying in a nice hotel with a nice pool. Not interested in water sports or anything just a beautiful beach and good hotel. We were hoping for something not too expensive. We would be leaving from the Baltimore area. I have heard good comments about the Westin at Our Lucaya Beach. Has anyone been there? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much in advance.
May 20th, 2006, 07:34 AM

Try Sands Resort or Royal West Indies in Turks and Caicos.
May 21st, 2006, 06:38 AM
iw

blamona....I have also considered Turks & Caicos. Is there a lot to do there? We like relatively quiet islands, like St. Kitts & Nevis and Guadeloupe. We like to hike and not just stay at the hotel/resort.
May 21st, 2006, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

The Sands Resort looks beautiful! Have you ever been there?
May 21st, 2006, 02:16 PM

I have stayed at the Sands Resort and loved it. TCI is fairly quiet, but it is going through a construction boom. (You would never know being on the beach) There is no hiking there, it's a very flat scrubby dry island, but boy does it make up for that with that gorgious beach!