Turks & Caicos - too many choices!

Aug 14th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Turks & Caicos - too many choices!

So I narrowed down my hotel choices for luxury, quiet (honeymoon-worthy), ocean front, no construction in October for 3 nights:

Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos Club, Sands at Grace Bay, Point Grace, Grace Bay Club, and Regent Palms.

My husband likes Parrot Cay (looks impressive, but remote?) and doesn't like Sands (is it an inclusive? we're not in to that. And he said the pool looks too simple and uninviting)

Anyone want to take a stab at rating the top 5 and the reasons for the rating? We will be diving/snorkeling, may or may not have a car, want to sit on the beach and enjoy the ocean, one day trip (conch tour or something special), enjoy a drink on the balcony and listen to the ocean.
Aug 15th, 2007, 03:34 AM

I have not stayed at any of the properties you mentioned, but I have seen many of them and will offer my observations below:

Sands - This is a very nice "moderate" resort by Provo standards, but I don't think it is what you are seeking. It is not all inclusive (it is a condo resort as are many properties in Provo on T&C). It tends to attract more families, and it simply is not in the same "luxury" class as the others. They also are doing some work on the property until mid-October, and may be closed then (they are definitely closed in September).

T&C Club: This property seems like a good choice for a quiet resort. It only has about 20 suites, so you will find it quiet. It also is very convenient for walking to good off the beach snorkling at Coral Gardens.

Grace Bay Club: It is a beautiful, luxury, property, but check about the construction. They are building the "Estates" or something (two large buildings) there, and I'm sure they are not done yet.

Regent Palms: This fits your criteria for luxury, but the resort has a reputation as being one of the busier (all relative) on Provo. A lot of people describe this resort as the "see and be seen" place, which some people like and others don't. There also was construction to the west at the Alexandra when I was there, but that might be done by October (they said August when I was there in May).

Point Grace: I don't know much about this resort but believe it is in the same category as the others and on the quiet side.

Parrot Cay: It is supposed to be beautiful and very nice, but it is secluded (separate island you access by boat from Provo).

One other place that isn't on your list that it seems like you might want to consider is the Somerset. It offers a more quiet, laid back luxury style than the Palms with a great central location on GBB.
Aug 15th, 2007, 06:28 AM

agree with beachdreams3 review. my choice for you would be turks and caicos club for location, privacy and good beach location.
parrot cay is definetly nice but it does require a boat ride to provo.
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:52 PM

My husband and I are about to book a trip to TCI in October as well and have decided on Royal West Indies Resort. It has so many postive reviews that we couldn't pass it up, plus it was voted "most romantic" and traveler's choice and it is one of the more affordable resorts on the island ($180 - $350+). Check out Tripadvisor.com for more reviews... Hope that helps.
Aug 25th, 2007, 09:39 PM

We went to T & C with my husband and 2 kids. We stayed 4 nigts at Parrot cay and 3 at Regent Palms. PC was worth the 40 min trip there- an amazing experience. Romantic,quiet, and very accomidating to our kids(7 & 10) . We loved the remote feeling. The food was amazing but costly...get a package. The other guests were great and very friendly. Staff very nice and helpful...I wish we could have stayed. We left after 4 nights because of the need to have more resturant choices, wanted to check out Grace bay beach, and see a differnt side to the T & C islands. We did a 6 hour cruise -fabulous....The Palms is nice but not enough chairs at the pool, the pods were great, food (blah!) The beach great. The OF room at the palms was amazing. Good Luck and congratulations!!
Aug 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM

We stayed at Grace Bay Club for a weekend in October last year (anniversary trip). There was no one there. We loved it. The only construction at the time was an extension to the restaurant and the renovation of the old building. Both were almost complete.
Aug 26th, 2007, 11:26 AM

You might check out www.luxurylink.com. Some of the resorts on Provo have packages up for auction.