Wedding in Caribbean??!!

Feb 10th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Wedding in Caribbean??!!

Hi!

I am new to this forum but I've read some posts and replies and got brave enough to post one of my own.
I am getting married in June. We are looking into getting married on one of the islands. So far, we have been advised of Beaches Negril. Are there any other great spots? We have a kid so it has to be a resort that allows kids.
Also, we've been told that Jamaica (read Negril) is not very nice because of locals getting into resort and begging for money and stuff. Is it true? How safe is it?
Thank you for your time and advice in advance!!!
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:21 PM

As far as locals coming on the resort gronds, that will not happen. They will be on the beach however, and will be selling various things. A nice no thank you will do. If you're looking for something not as active as Jamaica, check into Beaches Turks & Caicos.
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:37 PM

What about Bermuda? It's not tropical but it's really safe for kids (and adults!) and is usually only 2hrs from the east coast. Elbow Beach is a great spot for weddings and they have a wedding planner on staff.
Hope this helps!

jayded1
Feb 10th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Ale

Hello, we just got married in Antigua six weeks ago, and it was amazing. If you want some information, dont hesitate to write to me: [email protected]
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:09 PM
OT

My suggestion is to look into Anguilla. We got married there 14 years ago and go there every year for our holiday. Our 2 kids love it! The locals are very friendly and crime is extremely low.

Feb 12th, 2003, 01:41 PM

While we have not been to Beaches Negril, we have been to JAmaica many times and several Sandals/Beaches resorts. I agree wtih the first post in that the property is private so no vendors are onthe property. You are perfectly safe on the property as well. When going on tours or into ton, a firm but poilite no works well as the people can be rather pushy. But they are also very friendly. You just use the same street smarts that you would going to any unkown city.

If you are really concerned with Jamaica, do look into Beaches Turks and Caicos - no vendors or locals about - jsut the opposite but really a slice of heaven.

Beaches is great for children, hs great food and service and do hold nice weddings.

We too were married in Jamaica and I haighly recommend the experience!

Good Luck,

Penney