Reload this Page >

Best place to get married in Caribbean?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Brian

Looking to get married in the Caribbean at end of December. Where's the best place to go that meets most of the following criteria:<BR>1. Resort w/ a wedding package<BR>2. Island safe enough to venture outside the resort for shopping/excursions<BR>3. A place w/some seclusion (not over crowded or overrun with families/kids)<BR>4. Spa facilities<BR>5. Nice Beach (Private beach would be ideal)<BR>Thanks

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Patty

Peter Island, BVI - there was a couple getting married during our stay and it looked incredibly romantic. As a private island, it is definitely safe and secluded - didn't see any kids. You can take excursions to the surrounding islands. Not much opportunities for shopping nearby, but you can always take a day trip to St. Thomas. There is an onsite spa and Deadman's Beach (the main beach, there are 4 others) is one of the best in the Caribbean IMO. The only drawback I can see is that it would be expensive for your guests to stay on island. One option may be to have some of your guests staying on Tortola and ferrying over. Hope this helps.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 04:00 PM
tammy

criteria:<BR>1. anguilla any of the resorts<BR>2. anguilla again<BR>3. anguilla outside of school vacations<BR>4. cuisinart spa cj and next season malliouhana<BR>5. all beaches are public though deserted for the most part<BR><BR>I love this place

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:06 PM
brian

Thanks for the tips. Anyone else with fabulous wedding locales?

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Hotlanta

My husband and I went to Aruba for our honeymoon. On our last night, there was a wedding at one of the resorts that looked very nice. There was a dance floor and a live band right next to the beach. At the end of the night, they set off fireworks over the water. I think the couple was from Venezuela.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:36 AM
JJ

Was married in Anguilla 2yrs ago...Sonesta was terrific in arranging everything...no spa facilities so I would suggest Cuisinart. Was not opened yet when we went and Cap Juluca was closed from the hurricane. We survived and had a wonderful time.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Valerie

Without a doubt, I have to endorse the views of the first person who responded - Peter Island in the British Virgin Islands. It is gorgeous, very private, there is a terrific girl there names Isabelle who will help you coordinate everything. I am aware of all of this because I am planning my wedding there for next May and recently went for a site visit. Any particular questions, please ask.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:48 PM
RICK

YOUNG ISLAND RESORT IN ST VINCENT;<BR>SECLUDED FROM MAINLAND WITH A FERRY<BR>GREAT SITES FOR WEDDING<BR>GREAT SNORKELING<BR>INCLUDES SAIL-AWAY PACKAGE THAT IS OUT OF THIS WORLD

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:24 PM
fran

I agree with previous poster about Young Island, St Vincent. We were married there a little more than ten years ago. The staff was great and handled all arrangements for us. We did a ten day package that included the sailaway option, which was 3 days sailig the Grenadines with a captain and cook. Definitely a great place that we hope to get back to one day.,

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Diane

Why not try Blue Waters in antigua - everyone extremely helpful & they will give you the most romantic day that you could ask for !1 We renewed our vows there last year & it was perfect .Please email with any questions or look at the Antigua & Barbuda forum on www.geographia.com